Wanted: MUSCLE SORENESS REMEDIES THAT WORK

Options
I am doing insanity and my muscles are killing me. Need some idea on what else I can take (besides Tylenol/ Advil) that will help with relieving the soreness. Things you've tried etc etc.

Thanks

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Magnesium malate 1250-2500 per day. Works a charm!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Fill your bath tub with cold water and ice. Then hop in and stay in there for a minute or two.
  • 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    I feel for you, I have been there. Hot towels wrapped around your legs helps. Make sure you are staying hydrated. Remember it only stays sore for a few days. Pain is weakness leaving your body.
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hotub works great for me, especially if I do it the day of work out.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    foam rolling - speeds recovery
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hydration, hot-tub, massage, foam rollers, ZMA, Phosphatidylserine, heat pads/liquids, stretching, yoga
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    if you've been at it for more than a week and are still extremely sore.. consider taking a rest day, and make sure you are not harming yourself
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Best thing i can tell you to do is to take a hot shower immediately after the work out to relax your muscles. stand under the hot shower head for like 5-10 minutes without soaping up. you will still be sore the next day when you first wake up but it wont be as bad so then u will need to go take another hot shower and do the same thing. it will go away immediatley and u wont feel lit after that. its what works for me.
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of fluids!
  • migueltavares
    Options
    Steroids.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Epsom salt baths.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and Arnica spray seems to help me. The spray also helps if you have any bruising. I spray it on my shins after working on leg blocks in muay thai :-) It does help reduce the bruising and pain.
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The fact that you're that sore probably means that you need to cut back on the intensity of the workouts or take more rest days. If you push through extreme soreness to do the workouts, you could injure yourself.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Increasing exercise frequency helps
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    stretching after, and a little bit of cardio works.
  • fantasticelastic
    fantasticelastic Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    cold, cold water in the bath..then sit in it for bout 10/15 mins. Did this after all my runs while training for the marathon...and i never had sore muscles..it works !!!
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Steroids.

Dat der tren cycle works
  • motherofthree1974
    Options
    I feel like that this morning but i did a zumba class for 45 minutes and then 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer. This morning my both legs were hurting me a lot. On the weekends i don't go to the gym cause those are my rest days for me and so i just deal with the pain because for me Sexy is Pain.....lol

But i heard that soaking in the bath tub with Epson salt work to relieve the soreness in the muscles. And also Protein shakes as well.
  • DoreeB2013
    Options
    HI,
    I friend of mine told me to try Vick's Vapor rub on sore muscles last year. This winter I tried it twice and it works. You don't have to use much, just a thin coat on the sore parts. Cover up with some nice warm clothes and let it work. Beats taking drugs and most people have it in their house anyways.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    mobility work, active stretching, and foam roller