Working Out 7 Days A Week?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I've taken a long walk (2.5+ miles) 6/7 days this week. My legs are a little sore, but it's just because I'm not used to it... if my feet started to seriously hurt I would take a break, but unless you are experiencing severe pain somewhere, go for it!!
  • n8thh
    n8thh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Working out 7 days a week is fine.
    As time goes on Motivation, Mental / Physical effects or the impact this may have around friends,family,kids,work etc may be issues to consider.
    If it gives you a sense of wellbeing and doesnt impact on the most important things in your life, go 4 it
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Scheduling strategic rest days is part of continuous physical improvement. It also gives your mind a break to revitalize.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm working out 7 days per week/EVERYDAY, but it's moderate to light working out. I'm doing outside walking at least 30 minutes per day and usually 45 minutes to 1 hour going about 2.5-3.0mph (leisurely walking and dog walking pace). As well as moderate stretching for about 5+ minutes everyday

*6 days per week I'll also include 10-20 minutes of my stationary bike and/or treadmill
    *5 days per week doing a Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds dvds (my favorite is Walk Strong) 30 minutes of brisk walking
    *3-4 days per week I'll do 10 minutes or so of light-moderate rowing with 10lb weights on my home gym machine
    *1-2 days per week I'll do 10-20 minutes light to moderate upper and lower body weight lifting (w/10lb weights) on my home gym machine.

I don't do ALL of these things one after another...but thru the day. My mind, body and soul loves this and it's something I'll continue to do for the rest of my life along with eating to live, rather than living to eat and I'm seeing and most importantly, feeling fabulous results!