Trader Joes

Options
jharb2
jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
What are some of your favorite healthy choices at Trader Joes?

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    they have good chicken sausages :) i stirfry peppers, onions and zucchini on the side for a yummy meal!

PB2 is great in so many recipes
  • kimmae17
    kimmae17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER!
  • LisaFieldsStafford
    Options
    I like the Seaweed snacks in the chip aisle. I buy their raw nuts to make my own nut butter and to bake and cook with. I buy their coconut milk and coconut cream, their frozen berries and sugar free chocolate bars. They have great avocados and I get their bacon with no nitrites or nitrates.
  • Endman
    Endman Posts: 894
    Options
    they have good chicken sausages :) i stirfry peppers, onions and zucchini on the side for a yummy meal!

Oh my goodness. Their chicken sasages are the best! What is PB2?
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER!
    ^ This
  • Endman
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER!
    I have a jar of that too but don't know what to do with it. I mean I know to eat it obviously - not wash my hair with it. But I don't know what to put it on.

Please stop laughing AT me.
  • Endman
    Options
    I like the Seaweed snacks in the chip aisle. I buy their raw nuts to make my own nut butter and to bake and cook with. I buy their coconut milk and coconut cream, their frozen berries and sugar free chocolate bars. They have great avocados and I get their bacon with no nitrites or nitrates.
    I have had their bacon. Took a little getting used to but it is nice to know it is nitrate free.

All this TJ talk is making me want to go.
  • jamiek917
    Options

PB2 is powdered peanut butter- 2 tbsp=45 cals :) you can add a lil water to give it a peanut butter consistency- but its not even close to the real thing. however- its a great smoothie/recipe addition to give things a good peanut butter kick!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    All of their cereal, especially the banana nut clusters.

Sesame soy vinaigrette dressing.

The 100 calorie chocolate bars are a great portion controlled snack.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I love the no salt, natural peanut butter...love the price too...
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    Agreed on the chicken sausages. I've only tried the jalapeno variety and they're excellent. Fully cooked and only 100 calories.

I looooove their shaved brussels sprouts. Didn't know I liked brussels sprouts until I tried those cooked up in olive oil and garlic.

Light feta and light white cheddar slices are both really good.

Svelte ice cream sandwiches. Maybe not quite as good as skinny cow, but still delicious.

So many good things there! I was wondering about those "no sugar added" chocolate bars... are they really good? I love their dark chocolate caramel black sea salt bar. Not sure I'm willing to deviate!
  • Zobby85
    Zobby85 Posts: 4
    Options
    I put PB2 in my oatmeal every morning!
  • JuliaWomp
    JuliaWomp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So many frozen berries!
    Great cheese/wine selection, too.
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love their Cherry Berry frozen fruit w/ vanilla yogurt. Delicious!!
  • Endman
    Options

PB2 is powdered peanut butter- 2 tbsp=45 cals :) you can add a lil water to give it a peanut butter consistency- but its not even close to the real thing. however- its a great smoothie/recipe addition to give things a good peanut butter kick!
    And now another thing to add to my TJ shopping list lol

How much extra water or liquid do you add to your smoothies if you add PB2? And how much PB2 do you add to a smoothie?
  • Endman
    Options
    All of their cereal, especially the banana nut clusters.

Sesame soy vinaigrette dressing.

The 100 calorie chocolate bars are a great portion controlled snack.
    I have heard of those 100 calorie chocolate bars but have been unable to find them.
  • I put a tbsp on a la tortilla whole wheat wrap (50 cal), roll it up and savor it!!!
  • Sophietime2013
    Options
    Pear gorgonzola vinaigrette (45 cals in 2 T), garlic hummus, Pure Protein shakes in a can, Better 'n Peanut butter
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's is a glorified snack bar. Not very much in the way of healthy. Just healthier versions of snacks.

And they aren't known for having good quality produce.
  • jamiek917
    Options

And now another thing to add to my TJ shopping list lol

How much extra water or liquid do you add to your smoothies if you add PB2? And how much PB2 do you add to a smoothie?

i actually am one of those weirdos who dont like smoothies- mainly b/c i dont like to drink my food- i like to chew. but ive gotten great recipes on MFP- protein mug cake (really similar to a smoothie- but with 1-2 extra ingredients and then microwaved into a cake-consistency), protein pancakes, bars/snacks, etc- and i just add the PB2 the way i would any other dry ingredient.