22+ tryin to lose weight by mid may! Who wants to join?

Options

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Im in =)
  • beatrixpotty
    Options
    Hi
    Just joined to day and I need to loose 10lb by 26th April - going to a dinner dance and the last time I wore my dress I was 10lb lighter! Officially starting it tomorrow and combing it with a couple of miles walk a day - fast pace. Good monitoring everyone!

40527158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • amandapatton33
    Options
    My goal if kinda high I want to loose 50 to 60lbs
  • amandapatton33
    Options
    How do u get that ruler with weight lost?
  • kmatheson1025
    Options
    I'd love to join. Just recently started really watching my eating habits, logging in everything, and pushing it with working out. I can definitely relate to struggling to find time. It's difficult, I work a normal job and have a 5 year old. I go to the gym for 60 minutes at lunch, then come home and try to do more on video (P90, etc). Starting to level a bit, so will need to make some changes to what I am doing. My goals are the same too, mid-May. I figure, we can do anything for 2 months. Then we can maintain.

Suggestions... let's see. Seriously monitor your intake. The cravings for crappy food go away after the first or second week of being disciplined. I'm not grossly overweight, but I did gain 25 lbs since last summer. A little older now, it's really difficult this time for me to shed the weight in a healthy way. My doctor suggested switching to 40 minutes of cardio, and 20 minutes of weight resistance training. Either way, more cardio than weights.
  • gall5333
    gall5333 Posts: 22
    Options
    If all goes well, I should hit my goal by mid-May. I have it down as 8 pounds left to lose, but I am much less concerned with my weight than I am with other fitness factors like endurance, strength, body fat %, and inches. I've got a 5k to run in early May, so I'm working on that, and I want to be able to do a few unassisted pullups by the end of the year. I'd also like to increase the number of pushups I can do (I max out at 40).

hi mezzie1024,

ive never run a 5k but i would like to try to do one by the end of this year :)
    when you mention endurance are you talking about your cardiovascular endurance or strength endurance?
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hi all, Im new too and hoping to loose about 70 lbs all together.
    9lb down so thats keepin me motivated! My daughter is 5 weeks old so im feelin ready to get back to working out and pushing that pram lol :-) plus holiday booked for mid may!!! Wooowhoo
    Its lovely reading all ur posts, defo motivation for me !!!! Xx

Way to go! Lets see how much we can lose by may!

What have you been doin to get started?
  • gall5333
    Options
    Im in =)

Crystaldreams! What have you been doin?
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hi
    Just joined to day and I need to loose 10lb by 26th April - going to a dinner dance and the last time I wore my dress I was 10lb lighter! Officially starting it tomorrow and combing it with a couple of miles walk a day - fast pace. Good monitoring everyone!

40527158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hi! 10 lb is definitely possible! Lets get to it! :) good luck tomrrow!
  • gall5333
    Options
    My goal if kinda high I want to loose 50 to 60lbs

Its a major goal but you can do it! Ive noticed it helps to break down major goals into smaller ones :) try that out...

do you have any plans on how to achieve your goals?

also....for the ruler....i think if you go to your profile on the mfp website you can a section titled MY PROGRESS and you will find a link that says PERSONALIZE YOUR TICKER
    i hope that helps
  • gall5333
    Options
    I'd love to join. Just recently started really watching my eating habits, logging in everything, and pushing it with working out. I can definitely relate to struggling to find time. It's difficult, I work a normal job and have a 5 year old. I go to the gym for 60 minutes at lunch, then come home and try to do more on video (P90, etc). Starting to level a bit, so will need to make some changes to what I am doing. My goals are the same too, mid-May. I figure, we can do anything for 2 months. Then we can maintain.

Suggestions... let's see. Seriously monitor your intake. The cravings for crappy food go away after the first or second week of being disciplined. I'm not grossly overweight, but I did gain 25 lbs since last summer. A little older now, it's really difficult this time for me to shed the weight in a healthy way. My doctor suggested switching to 40 minutes of cardio, and 20 minutes of weight resistance training. Either way, more cardio than weights.

You got two full time jobs if youre a mom! Taking care of a kid is a handful!
    Having a lot of variation is good, it will keep your body from knowing what to expect....
    I like your advice on the intake....i have noticed that its really tough for the first days.... Its jus getting into that healthy eating habit....you cant jus train your body but your mind as well.... The calorie tracking does help to see what we put into our bodies...
    Lets see what we can do by may! Im going to try to go ride my bike tomorrow for an hour...wish me luck!
  • theblackspot
    theblackspot Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Me and my Mrs turn 40 this year, so I'm feeling like if I pass this mile stone carrying this weight and being a bit unfit, it may be a bad omen...
    Anyhoo were off on holiday to snuggle on a barge in may and getting down to a healthy weight by then would be great.

Going to copy my friend Pritesh, who started a 'regime' if its not it the regime, then its a no! He lost weight and is looking fine.
    my regime is intermittent fasting, daily exercise of dog walking and I just joined a krav maga & Filipino martial art class. Its hard work, a mix of cardio and strength, especially when it goes to the ground! really good fun. Also using an exercise bike too. Eating healthy the rest of the time when I'm not fasting. Mediterranean style. White meat, fish, mucho veg, olive oil trying to limity carb intake a little as my portion sizes tend to creep up too.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If all goes well, I should hit my goal by mid-May. I have it down as 8 pounds left to lose, but I am much less concerned with my weight than I am with other fitness factors like endurance, strength, body fat %, and inches. I've got a 5k to run in early May, so I'm working on that, and I want to be able to do a few unassisted pullups by the end of the year. I'd also like to increase the number of pushups I can do (I max out at 40).

hi mezzie1024,

ive never run a 5k but i would like to try to do one by the end of this year :)
    when you mention endurance are you talking about your cardiovascular endurance or strength endurance?
    I was talking about my cardiovascular endurance when I wrote that, but I suppose I'm working on both.

I've only ever done a half marathon, and that was a long time ago when I was in better shape and before my knee problems got bad. I'm basically starting from scratch again (with a now mostly functional knee).
  • benny150592
    benny150592 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ill join you all..My goal is to lose 15lbs by 15th may which is my 21st birthday. Feel free to add me. :-)
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to join you all! My goal loss is about 24 pounds, any loss by May would be a huge boost !
  • toritoritori
    Options
    Can I join in? 7lbs by May 15 is my goal! Gotta get in vacation shape! :wink: I've had great results with fitness pal in the past but have gained about 15lbs since i last used it (eek!). This time i'm just really trying to stick to the 1200 cal limit and log my food every day.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    By mid may I hope I can reach the 20 lb mark which is 11 lbs to go and not really too unrealistic for me. If I could hit the 30 lb mark that'd be even more fantastic!

I'm down.
  • mswaters27
    mswaters27 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have been a member of MFP for about 2+ months and have lost 11 lbs. I need to kick it up a notch because I have about 25 more lbs to go before reaching my goal! I am looking for more motivated and postive friends to chat, share ideas, and motivate eachother during our journey!

Lately I have been practicing muay thai kickboxing about 2-3 times a week. I also really love yoga and doing Jillian Michaels workout DVDs at home in between going to kickboxing and yoga classes! I really need to cutdown on sugar and carb intake. I am also not as interested in the number on the scale as I am in the way I look and feel! I can already tell a difference in my stomach and the way my clothes fit which motivates me even more!!!

As I said, I would love some amazing new friends here so feel free to add me if youd like :)

xOxO Michelle
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, I have 40 lbs to lose. I would like to lose 2 lbs a week, but if anyone knows how to lose more the first week to get motivated then lose 2 a week that would be great!!
    How do you join, I know my profile indicates I've been with MFP for awhile but I really am starting today.

Carol
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have 30lbs to lose overall, but my goal is 2lb loss per week, so hopefully 20lbs by mid-May is possible.