Frustrated

Options
I've been using this website for about 2.5-3 years now. I started using this site when I started trying to workout more after a stay in the hospital. My sophomore year in college, a few days before final exams started, I woke up one morning and I couldn't feel my legs from the knee down. My mom drove to my campus and took me to the local hospital. I was there the entire day and was finally transferred to anther hospital closer to my house. The next day, after sitting in that hospital for around the whole day, they diagnosed the problem as neurologic shocks due to stress.

Ever since then, I have been trying (semi-unsuccessfully) to lose weight. I developed bad eating habits when I was in college and its been hard to stick to a nutrition plan. I'm just....frustrated because, during high school, I was always thin. And now I can't seem to get back down there. I don't want to be that skinny again (because it was honestly unhealthy), but I do want to be happy with who I am. It's difficult because I work in a kitchen and so its always easier to eat something grilled/fried for lunch instead of something I know I should be eating.

Its also difficult because I had a number of weddings coming up in the next year/two years. Some are for family members and some are for friends. I want to be able to be comfortable at those events.

I don't want to give up.

Help?

Replies

• CaedranParker
    Options
    College dining really destroyed my eating habits for a while as well! Now that I live on my own I've been trying to keep snacks out of the house but also waitress at this adorable place with amazing food so I'm tempted constantly! I switched from vegetarian to vegan on the first of the year and now I'm back to good habits! Make a list of yes foods and a list of no foods and stick to it by setting up positive rewards for yourself! You can do it!:happy:
  • mdawson47
    mdawson47 Posts: 51
    Options
    Plan your meals in advance and try to stick to it, at least for the first couple of weeks.
    That should allow you to keep in your calories to kick start your diet.
    Good luck and feel free to add me if you want to.
  • allenk5
    allenk5 Posts: 1
    Options
    Planning your meals in advance can definitely help and if you bring lunch/dinner to work with you (if you are able to do that at least), you'll have an excuse not to eat the food at the restaurant since you'll have perfectly good food with you. At the start of the week if you have some time, you can cook a few chicken cutlets that you can heat up throughout the week for different meals - cut up a cutlet and put it in a salad, create your own sandwich/wrap, make yourself a cutlet of chicken parmesan. It'll be healthier than anything fried and gives you some variety.
    I don't know what your eating habits are like now, but you could always try having six or seven smaller meals throughout the day instead of three big ones and snacks. You might find that you'll be less hungry and less tempted to eat the food at work.

Don't be discouraged though :) There'll be something that works for you. And the fact that you don't want to give up makes me think you're dedicated to this, so I have faith that you can do it! Good luck!