gaining muscle / not loosing weight? how to tell?

Options
Hey everyone. So I've been pretty good with my diet the past two weeks (sticking around 1200-1400) and exercising frequently (30 minutes running at least, 4 days a week at least) and doing yoga 2-3 times a week, and doing strength the other days. However, I'm still at the SAME WEIGHT. ugh. I'm trying not to get discouraged but it sucks with all this effort to see nothing. The only thing I have to show is my running being a lot better. I use to not be able to run for more than 2 minutes at 5mph a month ago, and today I ran for like 6 minutes straight at 5.3mpg! (I know it sounds silly to you advanced runners but I've never had to run before in my life). My clothes don't seem to be fitting and differently. Idk I'm just super frustrated with my body not responding how I want. help!?

Replies

• dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you are eating enough.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    You could get a scale that measures body fat percentage. That way you could see if your body fat percentage was staying the same/dropping, but your weight going up...then you're gaining muscle weight. If it's at a healthy percentage. If you're not at a healthy percentage, then the other poster is right, you might need to up the calories, because you're not getting enough for the workouts & your metabolism is going into starvation mode & slowing. If you're in the USA, you can get a scale like this pretty cheap at Bed, Bath & Beyond & use one of their coupons.
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    you should eat more
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Keeping track of your food daily is important. Also, looks like you aren't eating enough protein or carbs. You need nutrition to make your exercising effective.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You haven't filled in your diary much, lots of empty days one with about 600cals for the day....difficult to help without knowing how much you're eating.

If the few days you've logged are a true reflection and you're doing all those workouts, you should be eating more.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nowhere near enough proteins! I'm still 400 calories under for today and I already have 95g of proteins.