nut diet

Alright, I've had 3 cashews binges this week. I would eat 1000-1700 calories worth of cashews and I would go over my daily caloric intake by 200. I'm trying to lower my BF so my abs would be visible. Does this set me back by a lot? Also, any tips to rid of cashews binge. :)

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes, stop buying them.
    Either that or a) portion them out into small bags b) only buy them once a week, allow yourself that nut overload, and refrain from buying more until a week later.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Eat the cashews with other finger foods, portioned out. Have them with a nice plate of fruit or carrots and hummus. Don't eat them straight from the can. Savor each one. Cashews eaten alone are danger. Eaten with other foods they make a nice, filling, satisfying meal component.

Obviously it won't be good for you to keep eating 1700 calories of cashews, but for this brief amount of time, I think you are fine. Except now I want some and I don't have any.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Measure them out and put the rest away...far far away.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Ps - I only buy almonds. More nutrition and not quite so easy to get through that number of calories. Sometimes I might eat 600 calories worth, but then I leave it a few days before buying anymore and manage 4-5 days portioning them out,
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Hmmm, yeah almonds are better for you. I might just portion them out the night before
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    I don't buy cashews because they are soooo good I'd eat much more than I should... so I stick to almonds for the most part. Emerald has a variety pack of nuts that is pre-portioned into 100 calories. Those are pretty good, and the variety is nice. I would just try to portion out the cashews in advance first, if that doesn't fix the problem then don't buy them so often.
  • bethanykf
    bethanykf Posts: 68
    I have the same problem with cashews. They're so delicious and buttery... so I don't buy them or a buy a small package... that way I can't binge on them.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    I too love nuts and nut butter. Due to binges of 1000 - 2500 calories in nuts I no longer keep them in the house. It can easily put weight on and set back your progress. If you can manage to portion them out that's great. I cannot so I don't buy them. Best of luck.