Honest criticism of a recipe please...

Options
2»

Replies

• TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Looks great nothing wrong with it leave in the egg. Helps in the baking process. Eggs are good for you
  • Jellif1sh
    Jellif1sh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good recipe to me, but that is on the understanding these are a treat and not meal replacement.

One suggestion: you might want to consider adding walnuts or almonds to the mix just to sneak in a little more nutrition.
  • sunnyskys2013
    sunnyskys2013 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    They look pretty good to me, and leave the egg in there, as there is an incredible amount of nutrition in eggs. Children burn through the calories anyway if they're active, so I'd also leave the honey in there.

Just my two cents, but you can over do the "healthy" thing with kids. It's about portion control and moderation, not completely ripping away normal cakes and ice cream from childhood. If your kids are active the way kids should be, then they will be fine and the last thing you want to do is make their diet so strict that they rebel.

Oh, I totally agree. They get a wide variety of foods, sweets included. We don't buy anything with HFCS, MSG, or stuff loaded with crap though.

Cheers! We're very similar. I just always feel sorry for "that kid" at birthday parties who's parents won't let her/him have the cookies, ice cream and cake that all the other kids are allowed to enjoy. I'd much rather give my kid an extra 30 minutes in the pool or playground to run off the sugar than to deprive them of those special occasion experiences and of fitting in with the other kids.

And for the record, leave that olive oil in there too. Kids need the fats anyway, and those bars look fantastic the way you have them!

In some cases like ours is not that i don't want my kids eating sugar. Its just how it has to be, like my kids can't have Gluten, two can't have red die and one can't have eggs. but i always find out a head of time what they are having so i can make something for them, they can have so they are not left out.