• tallulahthunderbird
    tallulahthunderbird Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Rolling a D20 to determine how I want to answer this question :tongue:

Hot.
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm a big Whovian and am currently reading the third book of the Malazan Book of The Fallen!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    RA Salvatore :)

And the artwork has always been my favorite, especially anything Boris Vallejo As well as his wife Julie Bell. Both Boris and Julie do body building too. Look them up, they are in fabulous shape. Julie is very attractive and many of Boris's drawings are modeled after her, Julie has done a lot of work for Marvel. They work in oil mostly... Just amazing stuff. This is Boris's work.
    boris-vallejo-dragon-tattoo.jpg
    , and Luis Royo :) all excellent works. I've been fascinated by them since the age of 10 when I started drawing.

I loved Neverwinter Nights saga!
  • Sunny_fit4life
    Sunny_fit4life Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Magical, mythical creatures....monsters, wizards, heroes... faeries and elves...evil sorcerers, quaint little villages and majestic castles, and the ultimate quest to save the day....:drinker:

What did you think I was talking about? :smokin:

Actually, that was the first thing to come to my mind.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and still, deep down, believe that faeries are real...
  • StheK
    StheK Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    High fantasy is my favourite book genre~
    The Nightrunner Series and The Dark is Rising Sequence are two of my favourite book series. The first is about two elf fellas and their spying shenanigans while the second is basically the original Harry Potter, except Arthurian inspired.

The Dark is Rising is what got me started in fantasy when I was little- I still love it dearly. Now I'll have to try the Nightrunner Series!
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me - have to buy a van, and find somebody who knows how to use an airbrush.
    (Edit to add: I love this stuff too, although I've gotten away from reading it lately.)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I loved Neverwinter Nights saga!
    Looks interesting, I will have to read it. I last read the dark elf trilogy and the icewind dale trilogy. I looked up Neverwinter Nights Saga, looks like he took it in an interesting direction.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    Oh, oh! Also, some fav fantasy others of mine that I haven't seen listed are, Anne Bishop, Laurel K. Hamilton, Ray Bradbury, Mercedes Lackey, and Tad Williams. :)

Some all time fav movies are Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, LOTR, and Legend... God I Love Legend. :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Magical, mythical creatures....monsters, wizards, heroes... faeries and elves...evil sorcerers, quaint little villages and majestic castles, and the ultimate quest to save the day....:drinker:

What did you think I was talking about? :smokin:

exactly what you said. I must be a nerd or something....
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Oh, oh! Also, some fav fantasy others of mine that I haven't seen listed are, Anne Bishop, Laurel K. Hamilton, Ray Bradbury, Mercedes Lackey, and Tad Williams. :)

Some all time fav movies are Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, LOTR, and Legend... God I Love Legend. :)

I'd have to add Patricia Briggs and Tamora Pierce. :) Marjorie Liu's Hunter Kiss books are good, too.

Not to mention Peter Beagle -- I had to ask my parents if I could buy The Last Unicorn when it came out as I was underage and it was labelled "adult fantasy" -- which has a COMPLETELY different meaning now!
  • EasterKingston
    EasterKingston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Does watching Lost Girl count? Hot succubi and shape-shifters ftw!

YES! I sometimes feel as if I'm the only person watching that show. Urban fantasy is the best fantasy in my book!
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

I'd have to add Patricia Briggs and Tamora Pierce. :) Marjorie Liu's Hunter Kiss books are good, too.

Not to mention Peter Beagle -- I had to ask my parents if I could buy The Last Unicorn when it came out as I was underage and it was labelled "adult fantasy" -- which has a COMPLETELY different meaning now!

I keep meaning to read The Last Unicorn! Every time I saw it at BN I would think "i need to get that book"... Lol
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere and Anansi Boys. Loved them!!