Revalations: Ever had any?

Options
Just wondering.

Today I had one, I cooked myself a meal and started eating, complete the meal would take me to 9 calories under my target for the day so perfect as I don't plan on eating anything else :) I started feeling a little full halfway through dinner so had a few more bites and put the plate down. Then I couldn't stop staring at the food.

I wasn't hungry any more, I just hated the thought of wasting anything (it wasn't anything that could really be saved).

I managed to get rid of the food I didn't eat and now I feel full but slightly guilty. I know the answer is to cook less next time but you don't think that when you're hungry do you? I am not a wasteful person.

So any of you had a revelation while looking after yourselves better?

Edit: Revelation, Revalation.... same thing right... :p

Replies

• flinchyny
    flinchyny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    In the future, save your leftovers and have them for lunch! I don't think the message for you needs to be to cook less food.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    In the future, save your leftovers and have them for lunch! I don't think the message for you needs to be to cook less food.
    I save them and eat it later when I get the munchies. I've noticed that I don't need as much food to be full as I used to though. I guess your stomach shrinks a bit.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I was having a horrible day last week at work. I went to the grocery store for lunch and though maybe something really bad from the bakery would make me feel better. A split second later I had my revalation. No it won't!!! It will make me feel worse. Food wasn't going to solve the problem that I was having and on top of that I would feel guilty for wasting calories on crap.
  • AshEng
    AshEng Posts: 3
    Options
    I agree with the leftovers thing.If there is too much and I'm too hungry, I'll save it. It actually saves me calories to do it because I already entered what I cooked. I can spread the meal out, and help me stay below my goal. It's great. I usually do this, anyways just to know that I have that extra just in case I need it later.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I was having a horrible day last week at work. I went to the grocery store for lunch and though maybe something really bad from the bakery would make me feel better. A split second later I had my revalation. No it won't!!! It will make me feel worse. Food wasn't going to solve the problem that I was having and on top of that I would feel guilty for wasting calories on crap.

Good for you!!! This is a revelation I think many of us need to have, especially those of us who are emotional eaters. I will think of you next time I look to food to lift my spirits.