I'm hungry ALL of the time. I need filling suggestions!

Options
Ugh, it's been about a month of reduced caloric intake and I'm still starving all the time. I haven't felt full and satisfied in ages and I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to be the way it is. I thought that 20+ days was enough for your body to adjust to new things, but I'm just so hungry all of the time! What healthy foods are good for making you full? (I'm allergic to raw fruits and vegetables, so please don't suggest those.)

Replies

• RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, the easiest solution I think would then be a large amounts of cooked vegetables. Low cal, bulky, lots of nutrients.
  • 1jobean
    1jobean Posts: 84
    Options
    Whole grains are filling. I cant see you food diary but you can eat alot of nutrient dense food and feel full.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Whole grains are filling. I cant see you food diary but you can eat alot of nutrient dense food and feel full.

I updated the settings to public instead of friends only.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Whats your callorie intake? It may be too low..I had some days when i was sooo hungry That I couldnt sleep..Anyway..This is super filling breakfast

mix 1 egg with 1/4 cup cottage cheese add 3 tblsp flour and 1 tsp cinnamon stir and fry in pan (coconut oil

Cover with melted honey and coconut oil

about 200 cals and super filling makes 3 protein panakes:happy:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You are hungry. So eat. Seriously, 1200 probably isn't enough for you.
  • ScottishMrs
    Options
    Whats your callorie intake? It may be too low..I had some days when i was sooo hungry That I couldnt sleep..Anyway..This is super filling breakfast

mix 1 egg with 1/4 cup cottage cheese add 3 tblsp flour and 1 tsp cinnamon stir and fry in pan (coconut oil

Cover with melted honey and coconut oil

about 200 cals and super filling makes 3 protein panakes:happy:

I'm doing about 1200cal/day. I'll try making that recipe. Thanks!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    eat more protein!! nuts, seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds..coconut oil is amazing..peanut butter or sunbutter..You body is deprived of nutrients I beleive..I would suggest a supplement of vitamin c and also omega 3
  • SavannahMarett
    SavannahMarett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too. My answer to you is to eat protein. For me protein is the most filling. I snack on protein bars, protein shakes, I made egg whites throughout the day, and kale chips. If you are hungry then eat just make healthy choices :) I probably eat something every 2 hours and I am NEVER hungry. :) Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • Cassea7
    Options
    If you slightly cook the fruit and veggies..can you eat them then?
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I looked at 2 pages of your diary. Seriously? One day, you ate lettuce and spinach for breakfast, totalling about 12 calories, with 300 calories worth of oil based dressing. Really? this is not a meal. On the same day, your dinner was sunflower seeds. that is not a meal. You are hungry because you are not eating enough food and are wasting 300 calories on a dressing for a 12 calorie salad. Do you not see anything wrong with this? Eat proper, balanced healthy filling meals.
  • SavannahMarett
    Options
    1200 calories isn't enough for most people. I eat 2100 and am still losing weight. Go here to see how many calories you should be eating. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is really filling. I don't like the packets but if you get just the plain and then add things to it, it's super good and low calorie.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you really are not serious about eating. First of all you are not eating the full 1200 calories and secondly, in order to stop your hunger, you are going to have to change what your are eating - there is nothing nutritious in your diet from what I can see - and that's my personal opinion.
  • SavannahMarett
    Options
    From looking at your diary I would go with more protein based foods. It looks like you are trying to meet your calorie goal but not paying attention to protein. Protein is just as important if not more than calories. For lunch you had a cinnabon (that wouldn't fill me up lol) and supper you had fries and ketchup, and your snacks were junk food. Junk food has no nutrients and will not keep you full so try to avoid them.
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try eating oatmeal for breakfast - switch to a whole grain bread instead of white - eat protein with each of your meals and snacks - - a hard boiled egg, some light string cheese, yogurt, chicken, fish etc. And yes, whole grains like brown rice - quinoa. Are you allergic to ALL fruits and veggies??? They do help fill you up w/ little calories - and are so good for you - can you eat them cooked? Roasted veggies, stir fried, steamed? I really never heard of someone who was allergic to all fruits and veggies....interesting if you are! And yes, maybe you need to increase your caloric intake - you really shouldn't be hungry all the time. Eat BALANCED meals and snacks and you won't be hungry all the time - that is an indication that you are eating the wrong things in the wrong quantities!
    Good luck! (PS - research on the web - and if you can do it - visit with a nutritionist who can give you some basic education on how to eat well with your dietary restrictions) Best of luck.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    This is gonna be harsh, but your food selections are terrible. I'm not even going to start arguing about the fact that 1200 calories is way too low, because you need to work on eating better food first.

I eat more protein in a morning snack than you eat all day.
  • ScottishMrs
    Options
    If you slightly cook the fruit and veggies..can you eat them then?

I can eat them when they're cooked to mush. I can eat things like applesauce and spaghetti sauce and salsa and so on.
    I looked at 2 pages of your diary. Seriously? One day, you ate lettuce and spinach for breakfast, totalling about 12 calories, with 300 calories worth of oil based dressing. Really? this is not a meal. On the same day, your dinner was sunflower seeds. that is not a meal. You are hungry because you are not eating enough food and are wasting 300 calories on a dressing for a 12 calorie salad. Do you not see anything wrong with this? Eat proper, balanced healthy filling meals.

I HAVE to put that much salad dressing on salad in order to neutralize the enzymes I'm allergic to. Please don't shut down my food choices because of that.
    I looked at your diary and you really are not serious about eating. First of all you are not eating the full 1200 calories and secondly, in order to stop your hunger, you are going to have to change what your are eating - there is nothing nutritious in your diet from what I can see - and that's my personal opinion.

I think I'm going to make my diary private again because you're all putting down my food. I'm ALLERGIC to healthy foods. I cannot change that.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're hitting at least 1200 cal/day. Bare minimum. Also, try to make your meals more balanced, more like a meal. You'll get more nutrients and not feel so deprived.

I noticed you like sandwiches (so do I). Try whole wheat or high fiber bread. You might also like cream cheese instead of mayo (2 tbsp. typically only has 90 cal). If you can't have raw veggies, maybe try and sautee some onion and peppers for your sandwiches? I do that-- very yummy!

I also drink a lot of tea, which I think helps my brain be satisfied, and take some fiber supplements.

I think there are a lot of things you could try. Best of luck!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Saw your reply post about being able to eat salsa. I personally love eggs and salsa! Very protein rich and filling.
  • ScottishMrs
    Options
    Make sure you're hitting at least 1200 cal/day. Bare minimum. Also, try to make your meals more balanced, more like a meal. You'll get more nutrients and not feel so deprived.

I noticed you like sandwiches (so do I). Try whole wheat or high fiber bread. You might also like cream cheese instead of mayo (2 tbsp. typically only has 90 cal). If you can't have raw veggies, maybe try and sautee some onion and peppers for your sandwiches? I do that-- very yummy!

I also drink a lot of tea, which I think helps my brain be satisfied, and take some fiber supplements.

I think there are a lot of things you could try. Best of luck!

Thank you. This is what I was fishing for: suggestions with critique and suggestions. My husband's been buying the bread lately so I'll have to ask him to pick up some high fiber bread next time. And what I actually like about the mayo is the tangy taste; I hadn't had any until yesterday but I've just been so hungry that I decided to add it back in for my ham sandwiches. I hadn't thought of the sauteed onions in sandwiches either. That sounds yummy.