Treadmill vs the track

Options
13»

Replies

• JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    For me, it's like the difference in a pocket size camera versus a full sized DSLR with all the lenses. The one that takes the best picture is the one you have with you to use at the time. : ) (I own a purse dized digital and ALWAYS get the pic). I do not yet own the DSLR...and wish I had one, though I'd probably never have it with me when I needed it! LOL
  • donthegeek
    donthegeek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like walking on the treadmill so I can watch old episodes of star trek on netflix. But when it comes to running, I must be doing it wrong. It almost feels like I am landing flat footed every time my foot hits the belt. I don't have that problem when I'm running outside. I'd like to do more running on the treadmill since it gets really hot here in New Mexico during the summer and I have air conditioning for a reason. If anyone has a suggestion, send it on over - I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Outside for me .... all year round. Last two months I have been a mess of sweat almost as soon as I have started with temperatures in the high 30Cs and through winter last year I was running in 0-2C temps .... often in the dark.

I think that as long as you have somewhere safe to run (no ice on paths and no "scary" folk) then you should be outside getting the fresh air.

I keep telling my brother he is not a runner until he has had his own snot frozen to his cheeks.
  • candytag
    candytag Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also like the outdoors better. I walk because I have bad knees would love to run. On the treadmill I always can stop at a mile instead of having to make it all the way back home. I get more miles in on the road than the treadmill. Theres just something about being outside even in the rain and cold.