Slimming hips?

I am extremely hippy. I do cardio 6 days a week, 1-2 hours, and full body weight training 3x a week. What are some good exercises to help slim down my hips?

Replies

• jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. But as I've lost weight my hips have definitely shrunk.
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Spanx?

Seriously, I'm just like you. Unfortunately, just keeping at it and patience are the keys. You can't spot reduce, so the best thing you can do is watch the diet.
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    im at my lowest weight since legaly bangable yet i still have crazy wide hips. Been told to learn to love em and squat+lunge for killer booty. I am applying myself to that advice tho i sometimes hate dem *****es. Stoping my from ever feeling skinny, dem childbearing things
  • Unfortunately those are usually the last things to go... those and the extra dozen muffin top. Just watch your sugar and carb intake, those are the 2 things that really like to stick to the already fluffy areas... Way to bust out some work outs
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Fat loss makes smaller hips (eating at a calorie deficit), exercise not so much...
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    You have to reduce your body fat percentage. If you want to tighten up/build your glutes, squats, deadlifts, lunges, heavy KB swings, barbell hip thrusts, etc. will help, providing you're performing those movements correctly and consistently. A bit of sprinting can be nice, too.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Same here! I've been doing 30 Day Shred and have noticed inch loss although it's slower to come off my hips than it is from other areas. Still, I'm just happy to see it coming off. :smile: