Another breast related question...

Options
So where do you big breasted women buy sports bras?

I want to start jogging, but I want the girls STRAPPED DOWN. I can't seem to find any durable (key word here) ones that are larger than a DD cup size.

Internet/mail order is totally acceptable.

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    bravissimo, I am an H cup and they are the only place I can get nice bras, I know they do sports bras xXx hth
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi, thanks for asking this question...I was wondering the same thing...need a strudy sports bra for when I start doing the Zumba workout...
  • mom2eaj
    mom2eaj Posts: 1
    Options
    Moving Comfort Maia Sports Bra! A bit pricey but so worth it. It does have an underwire (which I like/need). Check out www.REI.com. I purchased some from the mark down section for around $25. Typical retail is $46. You might be able to find them in a sporting goods store too. I HIGHLY recommend this bra!! You will love it! Your girls will stay put. Good luck! :smile:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    http://www.herroom.com/Enell-100-Sports-Bra.shtml (this is the bra Oprah wears when working out)
    http://www.x-chrom.com/sports-bras-catalog/brands-moving-comfort/moving-comfort-maia-sports-bra-adjustable&refid=SB1

http://www.x-chrom.com/sports-bras-catalog/brands-wacoal/wacoal-quick-dry-underwire-sports-bra (these are for smaller band - bigger cup size)

I found some XXX sports bras at Walmart last year and have been wearing 2 of them at a time... but I don't jog... so I'd look at the top 2 links.
    Good luck!
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    I wear a 38 H and I have some reg bras WITHOUT underwire (from Lane Bryant) in them that I wear with 2-3 XXL sports bras over top.I found a really supportive sports bra at walmart..bought the biggest size they had and it works well with the reg bra but I dont remember what the name brand was :-(

Erin
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I've found Champion XXL sizes at Target - they're cheap so wearing multiple isn't too bad. Good luck!

I use these two and double up. I recently bought a couple XL so I can wear a XXL under and a XL on top. Doubling keeps the girls in place usually. As I've lost weight, so have the girls. That's why I just picked up the XL to put over top. While I know it's a worthwhile purchase, I'm having a hard time spending $50+ on a sports bra. I'm so cheap! :tongue:
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    I know how that is. I wear a 42F (one size up from a DDD) and I can't find them anywhere - not even Lane Bryant where I buy all my bras. It really irritates me. So I wear an old bra & strap them down with two of the largest size sports bras (without cup sizes) I can find (usually XXL). I've found Champion XXL sizes at Target - they're cheap so wearing multiple isn't too bad. Good luck!

- Sarah

P.S. Let me know if you find any...
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Wow, that stinks to have to wear two sports bras. It would be nice if manufactures would read this!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I double them up. It flattens them out and keeps them mostly still during runs.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    No joke, the best bra that I have found is by Enell. It's AWESOME! I used to double up my bras when I ran and that drove me nuts! This one has absolutely NO bounce what so ever.

It's expensive in the store ($60) but you can find them on Ebay for $30. TOTALLY WORTH EVERY PENNY.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Here are some previous threads about sports bras:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84006-sports-bra?hl=sports+bras#posts-1155950

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/86125-good-sports-bras?hl=sports+bras#posts-1225592

Personally, I like the Energie by Le Mystere, or the sports bra offered by Lunaire (Lunaire cup sizes run very large, a DDD is roughly equivalent to a FF). There are plenty of companies that cater to larger chested women, including those two, Enell, and Freya Active. If you're willing to spend just a little extra (whether you purchase on E-bay or from another vendor) you will get a superior sports bra that will truly reduce bounce. When I used to wear two and three sports bras during activity, I would either end up feeling like I was crushing bones, or I my breasts would be "tired" after being crammed in to something that really didn't fit me properly. I know price is always an issue for most people, as it is for me, but my boobs are not something I'm willing to sacrifice on. :laugh:
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    bumping to look at later
  • mcdlinz
    mcdlinz Posts: 3
    Options
    boobydoo.com is a brilliant place for sports bras for big chested people. i paid about £30 and ive had it a year and a half, and its still supporting... well worth it. really nice fit. im a GG btw
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options