FAILURE................

Options
jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
I am new here. I have only been on this site for 175 days straight. In this time i have only lost 29 pounds. I must be a complete failure looser with no way of ever being succesful. I should just give up and never try again. What is the point.

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    go eat some pizza then.
  • jdad1
    Options
    Cheesecake ok?
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    You should let people see your diary. Let them know your height, weight ,age, etc. Only then can they help you.
  • cindijelly
    cindijelly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    your weightloss numbers are great! But you know this. I get frustrated when the scale does not move as fast as I want it too. But my numbers are good, compliments are many, and I have gotten rid of LOTS of clothes that do not fit.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    seriously? you think 29lbs is failure?! think about it. you could be 29+lbs heavier. keep going and dont make this a marathon. youre doing great!
  • jdad1
    Options
    i failed today. After an almost perfect diet i just can't get over my screw ups. I went over on my suger today. I want to cry.
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    so what. so did i yesterday. ate 10 hershey kisses, 2 ice cream sandwiches etc. 80% over my sugar allowance. who cares...start fresh today and carry on like you have that lost you 29lbs.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Uhm, sugar can mean ANY type of sugar, man. Lactose? A sugar. Did you mean fructose/sucrose/HFCS? Those are the ones to watch for. MFP is not yet discerning enough to distinguish between milk sugar (lactose) and say the real mainstays that'll trash your diet.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. Hit your macros.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Go get pizza? Ignore pls!

Tkdkjudodad - you are not a failure. You've lost weigh haven't you? Maybe not as much as you'd like but at least you've lost some so you know you are doing something right.

I've read that every time you lose 5 lbs. you are supposed to re-do your calculations. Why don't you go back in and re-do your calculations & see if you need to change things up whether its the amount of calories you are eating, the type of foods you are eating or something to do with your exercise. Have you been doing the same exercise without changing it? How about the same intensity? If so, try to find several different exercises you like & mix them up and do HIIT.

You've had success so far - don't give up. You can do this - good luck. And forget the pizza!
  • jdad1
    Options
    I have had all green numbers for 175 days. This time i went over on sugers by 9. That is awful.
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    For someone who has vegeta and goku in his ticker....you need to harden up a little. Yes we have days where we fail, or eat too much of something bad. so what. It's one day - we make mistakes so we learn...almost sounds like you're fishing for compliments too.

Remember why you're doing this - instead of being on here saying how you're a failure, go out for a walk or something to at least help against what you went over with today.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Shake it off, or someone is going to ask you if we need to call you a WAHHHHHHHHHHHmublance.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You have lost 29lbs, you are NOT a failure, 29lbs in fantastic!!! If you hadn't even tried you would be 29lbs heavier now, in fact probably more as most of us have a few lbs creep on if not watching what we are eating.

Stick around, you are doing great x
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    [...almost sounds like you're fishing for compliments too.]

Me thinks this.
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I just read some of the other posts & felt the need to jump right back on. There are days when my sugar is over the limit and I haven't had candy. Just about everything has sugar in it "fresh fruit, milk, cheese etc. I maybe had some fruit milk even cheese everything has sugar in it. Yes I try to keep my sugar down as well but I focus more on my protein, fat & sodium. I've been with in for 2 weeks & lost 2 lbs. and I'm thrilled (yes I wish it was coming off faster!) but it is what it is. It's a move in the right direction. You've lost 29 lbs. & that's amazing! Like the other person posted - if not doing this you could just be 29 lbs. heavier. Look at it this way - you are 29 lbs. "HEALTHIER". I can't wait until I can post ""29 lbs. lost.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Not sure if troll........
  • jdad1
    Options
    In the depths of despair i come to the hand of my fellow weight loss compodraes and seek further light and knowledge. However within the context of absolute failure i see a plethora of intense mediocrity. A tootsie roll has brought me to this point of destruction and now i know not how to turn. I shall suffer alone in the pits of destruction amongst my fellow experts, but truly alone none the less.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Not sure if troll........
    Most definitely a troll
  • jdad1
    Options
    Just one real point i want to make before i go back to my true character. Loosing weight does not neccesarely mean that a person is healthier. Please do not be so dependent on the scale. Body fat and measurments are more accurete. I person can weigh less but still be just as unhealthy or even more so.
  • timeformetofly
    timeformetofly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    In the depths of despair i come to the hand of my fellow weight loss compodraes and seek further light and knowledge. However within the context of absolute failure i see a plethora of intense mediocrity. A tootsie roll has brought me to this point of destruction and now i know not how to turn. I shall suffer alone in the pits of destruction amongst my fellow experts, but truly alone none the less.
    oh my. how happy I would be to loose 29 pounds even if I never lost another pound. Sorry but sometime we need to SUCK it up and be glad for the blessings we have and STOP dwelling on negative stuff.. Sounded like you were getting lost of support to me, it's your choice to take it or not. And I don't see "absolute failure" I just see a tootsie roll that maybe should not have been in your home to begin with.. it's all about choice..And from what I see, 29 pounds had a lot of good choices behind it..