Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

trying yet again and hoping it would be the last...!

SKAVY7178
SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
Hi all,

I am a SAHM of 3 cute kids..aged 9,6 and 1! My BMI currently is 32.6 (currently weighing 166lbs for 5feet!!!!DWARF)and am not so happy about it...It all started gradually after my 1st pregnancy :( I have an Epigastric Hernia and a very bad Diastasis recti(abdominal separation) due to the 3 c-sections..for which I would be having a surgery this October for hernia and I should be below BMI 30!!! My main problem is staying motivated for more than a month...!! When I see you guys for how long you have been motivated and kept going, I feel I am a big loser :'(
Anyway, am here to lose weight and be healthy..with YOUR help. I would be so relieved if I could be around 140lbs before the surgery ....*sigh* Will I be able to do it?? I WILL !! hope you all would nag me if i dont :P

GL in losing !
:love:

edited: will a diet of 1200kcals and a 30min walk 5days a week help??

Replies

• yessenianarvaez3
    yessenianarvaez3 Posts: 4 Member
    Hye I kno is hard but think about it will al be worth it for your kids they need a healthy mother and the only way you can be healthy is if your fit. U really don't have to go jogging every morning you can take the kids to park and chase them around for an hour or so play tag, frisbeee, or with this spring weather use the kite. Try not to make exercise boring try to make it fun and get your children involved they will enjoy it too. If you still like routine esercising try some videos of workouts at home.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Based on the stats you've given in your post - you should really be looking to eat around 1500 a day. You will be so hungry on 1200.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Good luck in losing! :)

I would set your profile to 'lightly active' or 'active' because I guess you spend alot of time running around after your kids? :)
    Also to lose 1lb a week and do your 30 minute walk 5 days too, but gradually make the walks longer as you lose weight!

If you've given up before it maybe because you feel deprived? 1200 is not enough, especially if you're a SAHM, you'll be up and down looking after your kids! Use those settings and see how you get on! :)
    You're more likely to stick to it and keep the weight off if the weight loss is slower! :)

Hope you get to your goal weight! :D x
  • Ramy19
    Ramy19 Posts: 2
    Yes you can do it....If you can imagine it ....Picture it...You can achieve it...adding exercise and being conscious of food intake will help you achieve your goals...don' t forget to drink water too....and I am a firm believer that add any extra little exercises in during the day...Like tossing in some random push ups or some burpees ...I mean do your 30 minutes of cardio etc...but add little extras in throughout ...I randomly drop and do push ups and my kids crack up...anyway...good luck you can do it! Just look at it more like even if it comes off slow and steady! :)
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 704 Member
    You can do it alone or you can do it with friends but I have tried both and it really worked when I put myself out there. So fill out your profile, be honest about who you want for friends and get friends! This site works, slowly because it is a life change not a diet. Stay away from drugs and fads and just listen to common sense. It's a long journey but the end result is a new life!

Good luck and stay strong!

Friend me if you want but I have a disclaimer you need to read.

Marcello
  • Post your goals everywhere, and when you feel dismayed, really think and visualize what you want and how you are going to get there. Its hard to stay focused with three small kids, but you gotta take care of you too. If momma isn't happy, no one is happy :) With the right attitude, you can do it :tongue:
  • tweetyjf
    tweetyjf Posts: 48 Member
    when you fill in your settings this program gives you the amount of kcal versus the amount of excercise
    and how much you should lose per week.
  • SKAVY7178
    SKAVY7178 Posts: 165 Member
    OMG! You guys are A.W.E.S.O.M.E. !!!! I never even dreamed to get so many replies and motivation... Thank you all so much for all the advices!! Will do accordingly and keep you posted !!! Wow!!! am so looking forward to this !!

Thank you so much :flowerforyou: