Greek yogurt.

Options
pacapoo
pacapoo Posts: 1 Member
I just cant get into eating the GREEK yogurt. I know it is supposed to be good because it has more protein but ughhhhh - the taste is something I just cant get past. Any suggestions??

Replies

• jfman66
    jfman66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try adding just a little maple syrup or honey, with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, or walnuts, almonds, etc.
    My favorite dessert.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    There are two great post beneath yours in the recipes section....read them...do some research.....google is at you disposal. glhf
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I LOVE greek yogurt, it's become a staple for me, I eat it every day. But I do enjoy the taste and texture. Had you tried adding fruit or honey to it? Or trying a different brand?

I personally think, if you don't like something, don't eat it. You've tried it, you didn't like it, there are many other high protein foods you can have instead. Just because something is healthy doesn't mean everyone likes it. I hate Spinach. Wish I didn't as the health benefits of it are great, but I've tried it so many times and I just don't like it.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I like plain Greek yoghurt with oneh but have just discovered Liberte Greek 0% yoghurt in strawberry and blueberry flavours. They are pretty low cal and a small 100g pot has around 8g protein. If you don't like the plain stuff these are definitely worth a try.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE greek yogurt. I was determined to make myself like it because it was healthy. Since I have a bit of a sweet tooth, I started eating it with 2 packets of sweet n low. It was so sweet, that it make it palatable for me. As I got used to it, I slowly decreased the amount of sweet n low that I added. I now can eat it without any sweetener. And , I really like it too!!!
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it.

Or you could throw some berries in it or make it into a smoothie. Or Have cereal with it. if you have don't like it after that don't eat it! It's not worth buying things you're never going to like to eat!
  • kwentz1960
    Options
    I eat it in the morning with raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle some granola in it . Delicious!
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    2 alternatives to Greek yogurt:
    Quark. It's very similar, consistency is thicker but it is a cheese (however fat free) I have it daily.
    Cottage Cheese, Complete different texture so you might like it, you can get it very reduced in fat if that is important to you and with different flavours chives, pineapple. Both good to increase protein level.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    i bought the strawberry dannon oikos yogurt. i like it much better!
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I eat it in the morning with raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle some granola in it . Delicious!

me too!! Omg soooo nice!! :)

I think there are somethings you just will never like, for me it's avocado, olives and asparagus :/
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Dannon Okios - Vanilla flavor and sprinkle some cinnamon on it. IT'S AMAZING.
  • torymichaels
    Options
    I'm totally in love with Chobani Greek. The Oikos is great (esp. the key lime one). Yoplait...ewwwwwww, though the lemon's tolerable. That said, don't eat it if you don't like it. I gave it a whir and found the thickness and flavor far suited my preferences than traditional yogurt did, and has more protein, which is usually where I'm lacking since I try to eat 25% protein/45% carb/30% fat.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I loooove Chobani black cherry greek yogurt (probably because it's loaded with sugar) but I don't care - that ish is the bomb!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I had to go through a few brands to find one I liked. I only like blueberry chobani greek. Can't stand Oikos. I also like plain vanilla and I mix it in smoothies. I can't even taste the difference...it is just thicker and creamier than with normal low fat yogurt.
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Top it with strawberries, granola and microwave 1 tbsp strawberry jam until melted (only about 15 seconds) and drizzle that on top.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a big fan of it but then Light and Fit started making their Greek yogurt. LOVE the cherry. Have usually twice a day!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Try it as a dressing for salads. Add 2 cloves of garlic chopped finely, juice of half a lemon and some chopped mint.
  • thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    Try different brands and flavours.. you might find one you like.

If not, don't eat it if you don't like it.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Don't like = Don't eat

You can find many other foods with protein.