Meals for One

Options
Anybody got some good Low Cal, Healthy and Filling Meals for One Recipes :)

Replies

• LaTerri
    LaTerri Posts: 42
    Options
    I make most of my stuff in bulk and freeze it in single serve portions already weighed and measured...

I cook up a lb of ground turkey at a time, divide it into 4 portions = 4 meals
    Then I make a huge batch [about 16 servings] of a maranara sauce with loads of veggies in it, and I freeze those in 1/2 portions.
    Then I made up some pasta or rice and divide those into portions too...

I always have the sauce frozen, so it is just a matter of making the turkey and the carb to go with it. I eat this about 7 times a week for lunch or dinner... The meal has about 28g protein, 44 carbs, and 365 calories. I usually eat about 4oz of turkey, 1/2 cup of brown rice, and 1/2 cup of sauce.

Let me know if you want the sauce recipe...

I have 4 meals like this that I rotate so I don't get bored. It makes it easy for me to have it planned and cooked ahead of time.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I keep a few staples in my house that I can mix and match for all my meals. I buy my chicken breast in bulk and cut it into 4 oz portions (or as close as I can get) and freeze it. Same thing with my ground beef. Ronzoni smart pasta, brown rice, eggs, pre-shredded bags of low fat cheese. I almost always have tomatos, and I pick out some random vegetables every weekend. Some of my meals are more inventive than others. Feel free to look at my diary.