Bouncing back after a bad week

Options
I was doing really well on my diet. I went out of town for almost a week to visit family and friends. Basically spent those days going out to dinner and drinking. Not to mention I didnt do any exercise. Now that I am back home, Im feeling so blah. Everyone was so proud of me with the success that Ive had so far, and I wanted to prove to them that I wasnt the "psycho" diet person. Any tricks you guys can tell me about getting back on track?

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Just do it. That's all.
  • itsjilly
    itsjilly Posts: 40
    Options
    A bad week does not mean a bad forever.

Just get back on track. Your body is blah because it misses good food and working out.

You are likely full of sodium from eating out, and just start one step at a time back into a new you.

I recently watched this movie and it made a difference for me.

Hungry For Change Free Screening
    www.hungryforchange.tv
  • sch1994
    sch1994 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I completely get this.... i've just done the exact same thing! It sucks i know but we can all do it and you just need to motivate yourself again.... you can do it! I know how hard it is to come back after a extended period of time and have to jump straight back in at the deep end of the diet pool but you can do it! :) Very happy for you!!!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Just do it. That's all.

This!

One day back on track and you won't even think about it again.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    As Nike says, "Just do it!" Give up the story you've created around the whole thing and just go back to the gym and start eating well again.
  • roxy08fox
    roxy08fox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    One of my Pinterest quotes: "DON'T let a bad week turn into a bad month"

Just remind yourself how far you've come and recommit starting NOW!
  • MaBarker01
    Options
    Just forgive yourself and get back on track
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible weekend....totally unintentional really....none-the-less it was a total unhealthy mess!!! but today is a new day and new week....I have a new goal, new focus and I'm just gonna get back on track....I liked the quote "DON'T let a bad week turn into a bad month" and I am determined not to let my bad weekend bring me down!!!
    Now lets get at it!!!!!!!!!
  • squelette
    Options
    future reminder.
  • MommyofMcKenzie
    Options
    Well I was just the same way..Honestly..It has taken a few days..but I just slowly started eating healthier again..and logging EVERYTHING, and if I did eat something bad It would take up my calories and I pushed not to go over them, even if I was hungry. It will get you started eating healthy again because you don't want to be hungry. Good Luck!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yep, this is me this week too. March break last week and I ate too much and excercised too little. But today is a new day and a new week and I am back to recommit to logging and keeping better track of everything that goes in my mouth - accountability! That is the key!

Good Luck!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm bouncing back after a bad year.. ya gotta just remember what made you start in the first place, why you want to eat well, what drives you to stay on track
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have had a bad week too. I really got to get a handle on my diet again. I don't want a bad week to turn into a bad month and so on. I think I am going to try to go a few days without any sweets since it seems to be where I am going bad now. Good luck.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This is some great advice, thanks everyone!! Sometimes you just need a swift kick in the butt to get back in gear!!