My weight is beating me to the ground

Options
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm so tired of it! I gained .4 lbs, I can't seem to get below 166! I feel so freaking fat and disgusting:cry: today, I just want to cry. Why is it so hard to get back down to the weight I was last year (133). I was so proud of myself because in less than 7 months I dropped 87 lb , I gained some of it back (blew back up to 175) and now I can't get the scale to move in the direction I want it to. I'm so aggravated and disappointed in myself right now. My heart just feels broken. I need some advice and help with this. I have been eating right and working out like a beast but I just stay at the same weight. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a rough time! If you open your diary, people can give more targeted advice.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sorry, my diary is open now, I didn't realize I had it on friends only.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Okay, I looked at your diary. These are your net calories for the past 7 complete days:

You. Are. Not. Eating. Enough. Forget the scale for now, and try to figure out how much you should be eating. Go here, now, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Please eat. 300-500 calories is nowhere near enough for your body to function healthily.

I wish you luck.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Change your workout and try not to be stressed about your weight. Stress could be hindering your weight loss. Relax and be proud of how well you've done so far. Take your measurements! Just because lbs aren't coming off doesn't mean that your body isn't changing. You might be gaining muscle.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Great advice. Thanks for the link.:flowerforyou: Happy Sunday :smile:
    Okay, I looked at your diary. These are your net calories for the past 7 complete days:

You. Are. Not. Eating. Enough. Forget the scale for now, and try to figure out how much you should be eating. Go here, now, and read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Please eat. 300-500 calories is nowhere near enough for your body to function healthily.

I wish you luck.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options

I wish you luck.

I just saw your diary as well and I agree. I think most people that view your diet will say the same thing. You are making healthy diet choices, but you are not eating enough of them. Start eating more and see what kind of results you get after two weeks.
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that people who complain that they're not losing eat too little food and not enough whole foods like massive amounts of veggies, some fruit, lots of protein and healthy fats. Better not to eat the ready made processed foods but to cook your own.
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are so discouraged, I was like that not long ago myself.

Ditto everyone here - eat more. I didn't trust that theory at first either. I was really scared to try it but it works. I eat 1600-2000 calories a day, lift three days a week & cardio two days a week. Soon I am going to drop the cardio and start following the New Rules of Lifting for Women for a while - in April or May. Muscle doesn't technically burn fat, but it sure seems like it.

Always eat back most if not all of your workouts & just pick the best food you can. If you aren't hungry try sipping on smoothies. Sometimes snacking on veggies is just horrifying to me so I will drink them instead. The Naked Green Machine smoothie, while not perfect does give me a boost and it tastes yummo.

Worry less about what's going in & more about what's going out. You won't get as discouraged that way. You obviously have some serious will-power to eat the way you are - so just focus on exercise instead of cutting so many nutrients out of your body. Best of luck!
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OK everyone I am trying to follow the advice given to me. This is what I posted on my status on my profile

"Okay, I took a rest day today from exercising, I tried to eat more throughout the day but there is only so much I could do without making myself feel like I am overeating. I ate a decent breakfast (for dinner... lol it's backwards night for us). I feel full so I hope it helps, I think I am going to start with eating 700-800 cals a day then slowly adding more until I am back to 1200 cals a day so that I don't feel like crap, if I get hungry then I will eat more but I do not want to overstuff myself. I think I am going to set my calorie burning goal to 550 cals a day and slowly decrease because it is hard for me to not work out, I will probably keep oat bars and trail mix bars on hand so that I don't have to worry about starving myself after a workout. Any other suggestions? "

Also I am going to eat more whole foods and try to get to bed before 2am so I have more energy in the mornings and not sleep in until 12pm.
    I am also going to stop weighing myself more than once a week. I usually weigh in everyday.
    I am also going to pay more attention to my inches.

Thank You all, and I will keep you all updated on how I am doing.