Need Help Staying Motivated

Options
I struggle with being consistent with my workouts and my eating habits. I will do well for a while, and then suddenly can't get myself to work out or end up eating things that are not the greatest for me. How do you keep motivated day in and day out? Any suggestions?

Replies

• AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think about the things I can't wear now that I want to be able to wear. I've also got a great support group and gym buddies to keep me motivated. Keep your head up! :smile:
  • ShannonDoerr
    ShannonDoerr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things to do is to look up motivational pictures and quotes about health/fitness. I end up printing them out and scattering them about. Or I simply look up images of really fit women, like instructors or athletes, that I would love to look like and remember that I CAN look like them. Search online for a while.. you'll be able to find some pictures, I promise. Another thing that might help is posting a blog on here about what you do every day and add some friends to follow what you do and motivate you. There are plenty of people here that can keep you going, and when you fall off track, we can pull you back on. Feel free to add me.. sometimes all you need is a buddy to get through it with you!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I weight myself every morning, put in my food and exercise into MFP. I weigh myself as it stops me from putting things in my mouth the day before. I know if I binge or go out and eat/drink, I can gain 3 lbs overnight but... I get right back on plan with exercise and get the excess off right away. I just eat right and exercise and look forward to any event/party to show off new clothes and have a little something extra!!!

Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin,
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

my inspiring workout playlist

reading the motivational quotes thread on here is really good too.

but sometimes you just have to do it, and know you'll never regret moving more, making healthier choices.
    do it now. really avoid procrastinating. get your workout in as early as possible. but if you're going to bed and
    you still haven't done a workout. do a quick workout before bed. a little or a lot it all counts.
  • BrokenCowgirl
    BrokenCowgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second Shannon. I love to look up motivational quotes and put them on my fridge in my locker at work, in my food and workout journals. Wherever, i will see them and be reminded of my goals. If I need motivation to exercise I look up exercise quotes like "The more you sweat during a workout,...the less you cry on the scale."and "The beginning is always tough, But once I'm in it I become unstoppable!!".And when I need motivation to get back to eating healthier and sticking to my Calorie goals, I like this quote: "You will never regret reaching your goal. You will only regret giving up and not trying harder." You can do this!!