Craving foods the body needs nutritionally!

Options
For the last couple of months I've been craving apples for some reason. In the past, apples were the last fruit I'd select, going for sweeter fruits like frozen berries and cherries (which I eat while still frozen with my fingers like popcorn, yummm!), although occasionally I've gone through apricot craving phases. I've been buying so many apples lately that I googled their nutritional value and low and behold it contains Quercitin which is good for your lungs and asthma. I have asthma and my asthma medication is so expensive that I had started taking it less often, and that's when the apple cravings started! Also when I went through a craving for apricots and fresh cooked mussels, it was at "that time of the month" when I was low on iron and a bit anemic, and those are both high in iron. It's just fascinating to me how the body naturally craves what it nutritionally needs...

For those who crave chocolate or cheese, they both have endorphin boosting qualities and can mimic the feelings you get when in love, so people who have just ended a relationship or who are lonely will often crave chocolate or cheese! But if you're craving McDonalds, it just means you've been watching too many TV ads, lol, don't watch commercials, they use NLP and hypnosis techniques! (Although if you're a meat eater and craving hamburgers, it could also mean you're low in iron...)