Ratios and Foods to Avoid for Abs

Just like trying to find the right fitness plan, I need to have a solid foundation food-wise if I want to shed fat (and get the abs back). I was thinking of a ratio of 45/30/25 (C/P/F). I also was wondering what foods I should try to avoid. Also, any advice on the frequency of eating (how many meals, time frames, so on...).

Replies

• spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    30-50-20 (good fats)

but then again it all depends on many factors but just in general thats a good breakdown for cut time
  • kaseybill
    kaseybill Posts: 28
    I do 40/30/30 but avoid wheat/ bread most of the time. Bread seems to puff out my middle section, making me look and fell fatter. I do eat plenty of other complex carbs and fruits, just limiting starchy foods: pasta, bread, crackers, white potatoes.
  • EmmieCar86
    EmmieCar86 Posts: 83 Member
    Was wondering the same thing
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Just like trying to find the right fitness plan, I need to have a solid foundation food-wise if I want to shed fat (and get the abs back). I was thinking of a ratio of 45/30/25 (C/P/F). I also was wondering what foods I should try to avoid. Also, any advice on the frequency of eating (how many meals, time frames, so on...).

1) You do not need to avoid specific foods to shed fat.
    2) Meal frequency can and should be structured around personal preference/lifestyle and gym performance. These factors will very likely trump any theoretical benefits to a specific meal frequency.

As far as your calories and macros are concerned, that's context dependent but you can find reasonable information here as a starting place.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    I do 35/35/30, and I decreased my BF 9.1% in 5 months (lifting heavy, of course). According to the results, 65% of that weight came off of my abdominal region.