HRM Calories Burned Question

AmandaB4588
AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone,

I just bought a Polar F6 HRM and love it so far but I am confused about the calories burned and what I should eat back. For instance, let's say I burn 500 calories while at the gym. Do I eat 500 back?? What about the calories I would have burned had I not gone to the gym--- should I subtract those out?

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    I just bought a Polar F6 HRM and love it so far but I am confused about the calories burned and what I should eat back. For instance, let's say I burn 500 calories while at the gym. Do I eat 500 back??
    I generally eat back 1/2 to 2/3 of my workout calories depending on how hungry I am. Either way, I always make sure to eat my normal daily allotment, but having a little extra is nice especially if I'm really hungry or craving something then I have the extra calories to satisfy my hunger/craving. Basically it all comes down to what you want to do, but you should eat at least some of them to provide your body with additional fuel for what you burned in your workouts.
    What about the calories I would have burned had I not gone to the gym--- should I subtract those out?
    I don't even worry about this. It's not going to be that big of a difference and since I only eat 1/2 to 2/3 of my workout calories anyway, I figure it evens out in the end :happy:
This discussion has been closed.