I have chosen my path!

Options
I was so confused when I came here to mfp reading the forums, should i use "the road map" use MFP settings which put me at 1200 calories, follow the eat more idea. I tried the 1200 cal, wanting to lose as fast as possible, I did ok, but didnt like it. I tried upping my calories a bit at a time, seeing what affect it would have, and BOOM, weight loss stalled, but I HATED the idea of going back to itty bitty baby food servings, I LIKE food!

So I read on here, googled everything I could find, and combined everything! I now eat at a defecit , do stregnth and cardio, I didnt lose any "weight for 3 weeks, but lost a full dress size, about 8 inches over all, and then WHAM lost 1.8 lbs last week,

I am a cancer survivor, have moderate COPD with emphysemia, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. I am in the obese catergory, but steadily approaching being over-weight. I eat the forbidden food now like hamburgers and pizza, within my goals. I believe you can lose weight on 1200 calories, but I saw someone post something one time that after a few days of it running like a hamster on a wheel in my mind it CLICKED...WHY? I am only making choices now that I can chose for the rest of my life!

So I asked myself... Is this a "diet" for me? You have read the statistics, diets fail, people gain the weight back. Is this a new life where I am stronger, more fit, healthier? If your answer is yes, then only make decisions that you can live with forever.

And that is my my path..I chose this for life, a much better life!

Replies

• teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you. This why I quit weight watchers because it was unsustainable for me. I had to find what works for me. Through experimentation with different calorie levels, I believe I've found the correct one for now. I look at other people's diaries and can't believe how little or the types of foods they eat. I can't live on strictly diet foods. I like food too much. So, I use the recipe builder and eat the food that I normally used to eat. I just make sure I eat smaller portions and try to get much more protein than I used to. For instance, today I ate a breakfast sandwich with egg whites and turkey sausage. Then for lunch I had homemade swedish meatballs with rice. I had a peanut butter and jelly for a snack with a glass of skim milk. For lunch I had homemade chicken soup with brocolli and strawberries. Eating like this is manageable for me. I LIKE the foods I eat, and that allows me to continue eating correctly. I ate the EXACT correct number of calories I was supposed to eat. I had enough protein, enough fiber, etc. Why eat like you're dieting if you don't have to?
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Great post! Life changes work. Crash diets don't. Plus I am with you I like food. It's yummy!
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura! I am happier now, and excited about this journey, I am still wondering who i am, I am not who i was before that is for sure, I like exercising,,, that is just wrong! LOL
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You made a great Choice! 1200 is less than what a child eats. I think we are on here to manage a lifestyle, not a quick fix.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I wish i could of saved myself from 3 months of gripey, but I feel like everything is starting to "click" now
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have 1200 calories for dinner . . . regularly. I don't understand how people can live on that on a daily basis.