How do we know how many calories burned when doing P90X

Options
What is the best way to know how many calories burned when doing P90X?

Replies

• jorgele
    jorgele Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor that shows my calorie burn, I average 700-1000 calories burned per hour depending on what p90x workout i do. There are other factors like knowing your target heart rate, and how hard you push during your workouts......hope this helps, good luck with your goals.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to know how many calories burned when doing P90X?

Getting a HRM that uses a chest strap is the only way to get a close-to accurate number. Don't go off anyone else's number because there are way too many y variables and we all burn at different rates.
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Simple steps 

1\ Figure out how many calories you are burning through HRM or the website below..
     http://p90xcalories.com/

2\ Go to Exercise tab up top then click on My Exercises link right below the Exercise tab. 

3\ Press the green Create Exercise button which will take you to a new page. 

4\ Now here you enter the information for the exercise, there are 4 spaces fill them like the example below. 

Exercise Description: P90X Chest & Back 
    Exercise Type. : Cardiovascular 
    How long. : 55. ( based on how long the DVD is or how long you lasted) 
    Calories Burned. : 428 (this number you obtained from step 1) 

5\ Add Exercise 

I hope this helps the people who are lost or confused, these instruction are for the web based interface and not the Mobile app, I can make one set of instruction for that too if someone needs it.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    if you need more help we have a nice group with a lot of information.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/42-p90x
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    Heart rate monitor is the only way to go in my opinion. When I have checked out some of the "p90x calories burned calculators" out there they were estimating easily 3-4 times what I am actually burning. And since I eat back my exercise calories that would be a huge issue if I did not go by my heart rate monitor. :)