Starting Over

I actually saw that I had joined back in 2012, and was working out at Curves. I was having great success, until I got way layed with one boot on the left leg for 9 months and when I had finished physical therapy, they told me I could go back to Curves. Boy oh boy was I a happy camper!!! I had gained almost all the weight back that I had lost. Well, on the way home, 2 miles from the house, I got into a car accident, her fault not mine. That put me in the hospital for 6 months. I got back home here on 28 Feb 13. I'm having a time trying to readjust to the fact that it's just me in the house, and not all the people at the hospital.

While I was in the hospital, I learned how to eat correctly and small portions. That was the best thing that ever happened to me. God saved my life, not only from the accident, but by having the personnel teach me how to eat correctly. I have to praise the Lord for that one.

I know that there may be times, when I need some extra help, from encouraging or people that are just so honest, they tell it like it is. If anyone would like to help me out in this endeavour, I would greatly appreciate it. I would love to have tons of friends. If anyone is in the Middle Georgia area, give me a holler.

God bless you all!!!

Replies

• loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Gods ways are pretty amazing arent they. Noone I would rather have on my side. I would be happy to be your mfp friend. Im a really good cheerleader
  • Praise the Lord for cheerleaders!!!! I know that some day, God will enable me to be able to exercise, once again. I'm looking forward to that day. I do have a physical therapist come to my home 3 days a week, and we do exercises, so that I can learn how to walk correctly again. It's hard, but I don't consider that exercise. I put in my log that I don't exercise, and that I just want to lose 1 pound a week. That I feel is a realistic goal for me.

At one point, the orthopedic surgeon told me that he was going to have to cut my leg off. I told him that if he was going to talk like that to leave my room. I told him that I would settle for nothing less than him saving my leg. Well, by God's grace, the surgeon let Him in when I had my second surgery. All he did was open me back up and used his finger to push around the smashed bones, and he said that they started fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle. I told him that it was God, who instructed him on how to save my leg, and he totally agreed. Then I told him, "Didn't I tell you, that you were going to save my leg." Now the hard part is here, but God holds me in the palm of his hand and is right there with me, in everything I do. In fact, God is so engrained in me that whenever I go to do anything, such as getting up out of a chair and getting in my wheel chair or on my walker, I always say, "God, here we go. We're standing up together, or we're sitting down together. God is always at the fore front. He is my shield and buckler, and I'm going to stick with Him!!!

Thank you for being my cheerleader. God bless you!!!

- Nancy Jean -
  • FMUP
    FMUP Posts: 34 Member
    I'm not in GA - but I wanted to tell you that your story is very inspiring! Good Luck on the rest of our journey! God Bless!
  • mita5
    mita5 Posts: 5
    GOD HAS BLESSED YOU AS I READ YOUR STORY JUST NOW MY SISTER IN LAW IS AT GODS CALLING ANY TIME NOW FROM ABOUT 17 YRS AGO SHE WENT IN TO HAVE BACK SURGERY WHEN SHE WENT IN SHE WAS DRAGING HER LEG CAME OUT USING A WALKER AND I WISH SHE WOULD OF BEEN STRONGER BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN FROM A WALKER WENT TO A WHEELCHAIR AND BEEN BED RIDDEN FOR ABOUT 14 YRS SHE CANT MOVE AT ALL AND NOW AT DEATH BED I KNOW IS NOTHING LIKE YOU BUT I NEEDED TO TELL SOMEONE THANKS FOR LISTENING AND READING THIS FOROM ME MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND TOGETHER WITH GOD U WILL GET STRONGER EVERY DAY
  • You don't have to be in GA. We can still be friends.

God lets me know when and when I shouldn't say things. Tonight was just the right time, as someone needed to hear it. That was just a small bit of the story, but the first most important part for me. We can encourage each other, with inspiring stories, or devotionals, or the Word, or just plain ole talking.

Give God the glory, as He's the one who blessed you, not me.

I hope to hear from you soon.

God bless you!!!

- Nancy Jean -
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. That hurts my spirit. I don't know her name and I only know you as Mita5. I will go before God tonight, and lay your sister at his feet and pray for her.

No matter how things look, you never know how God is going to work things out. God is no respector of persons. If He did it for one person, He will do it for another. Stay strong in the Lord. Phillippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

God bless and thank you for sharing your story.

- Nancy Jean -