Do I drink a protein shake...

Options
after my workout, even if I`m already over my calorie limit for the day?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    After creeping a few days in your diary, I'd say you're ok with your day as it is. I'd maybe plan your days a bit better if you're that concerned about it. I'm also not sure of what your workout consisted of, but judging by what you burned vs your previous days, it seems to be fairly consistent.
  • Three4MeNHim
    Options
    Thanks for your reply!

Today was a cheat day. Although I cheated a bit more than I wanted to. I didn`t think I`d have an opportunity to get a workout in, then when I did...I wasn`t sure if it would be more beneficial to drink a protein shake and go over by another 85 calories on top of what I was already over, b
    ut get a good amount of protein in or just not have anything extra at all. I chose not to. I will for sure plan better next time and also avoid going to the restaurant I went to. Way too tempting.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    after my workout, even if I`m already over my calorie limit for the day?

No, since you're reasonably good on protein already today.

In the future, plan better. Try to make sure you hit that protein macro; it's the most important thing besides calorie intake. I actually think that number might be high for you, but I don't know what your body composition and weight are like.

It really doesn't matter much when you get your protein or calories in terms of when you work out, except that exercising typically makes you hungry so saving some calories for afterward is a good idea.