Ladies... do you overeat ...

Options

Replies

• ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat like crazyyyyyy! have weird craivings from chocolate to pickles.... I do overeat, but I try to workout and burn off the cal I ate.
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always gain up to 5 pounds leading up to my heavy day. I crave everything and I always feel like a bottomless pit -.-
    It always goes away a day or 2 after.

Drink lots of water.

Same here! I eat ...but then after like 2 days all that weight goes away
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YES. This was me over the weekend. I'd done so well sticking to my careful plan - especially about sugar, since I'm trying to follow the Endometriosis Diet, which bans refined sugars. (Natural sugar is ok). Well I tried to do it yesterday with natural sugar, but no, my body wanted the real (fake?) thing, and I totally let it happen. And do you know what? I felt like a steaming pile. So, something to be said for sticking to the Endo Diet, I guess.This morning I felt bloated, nauseated, and generally sluggish. Partly the period, partly the food I ate yesterday. Stupid cravings.

I will say though, as an aside - this was the first period I've had since doing the Endo Diet and eating (mostly) clean, and the first period that I actually didn't gain any weight. I weighed myself each day, and I actually lost two pounds. I weight myself again this morning, and I've kept those two pounds off so far. My guess is the good eating leading up to the one bad day.

So... balance?
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't overeat like crazy even though I want to. However, I feel like I'm literally going crazy, everything sucks, no motivation. I hate it!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    yes, only for a day or two
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it is mental. I had a hysterectomy 10 years ago, but my ovaries are intact and functional. I do not know exactly when my cycle changes, and don't have episodes of wanting to overeat. Just a thought.
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do overeat at that time. I try to make sure I am not completely going off the charts by making sure I put in the time at the gym. But sometimes you have to give in a little.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Badly! I hate it!
  • McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think this is fairly normal!

The problem that I have is that I am SOOO irregular (as a result of being so overwieght, but it's not PCOS according to my doctor).

Anywho, b/c I will either not have a period for months at a time, or the always fun period that last 1-3 months, I am very bad at realizing when my cravings are hormonal.

The best advice I can offer is that when you feel those cravings, allow yourself a small portion of whatever you are craving! Don't make the mistake I do of trying to satisfy the craving with 500 calories of healthy food, then give in and have MORE calories by eating what you wanted in the first place!
  • harleyjade2
    harleyjade2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Even when i am not hungry i feel the need to snack. When it is that time, i just try to have healthier foods in, so at least when i do go over my kcals, ive had all my nutrients. i also like to drink milkshake and sort if im wanting something sweet. I cant help overeating at that time...
  • ashleyq21
    ashleyq21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get awful cravings and feel like a bottomless pit when I have PMS. I tend to want the rich, salty stuff, too. Cheese, crackers, potato chips, fries, etc. I'm good at work since I bring the same foods with me for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, but I have to be really careful as soon as I get home or I'll eat everything in sight.

I have read, albeit from unsubstantiated sources, that our bodies actually need about 100 extra calories per day around that time. Anyone else know if that's true?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I find the stress of having it is what makes me want to binge, interestingly. But a lot of people do seem to have the hormonal problems. You're not alone in this.
  • fitbum19
    fitbum19 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I tend to want to overeat, but you have to keep that under control. Have an extra something, but dont go crazy. It tends to help the bloating and sluggishness when you DON'T overdo it.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Oh, I ONLY weight myself the week after when I know all the bloating is gone, gone, gone.
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    :) Thanks, now I gotta come back from four bad days. :(
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    Awesome... I suppose when u need a special diet for other health reasons it can make it easier (harder?) to eat healthy. It was suggested a long time ago that I watch certain foods for y migraines and IC, but between the two conditions, I'd never eat anything! But I definitely feel better with lots of hard cardio! Good luck with your diet.
  • aliencheesecake
    Options
    OMG! That SO happens to me. I try healthy, then end up eating the treat anyway!
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha i'm such a smarta*s.

i read the title... and was like

'no, i'm a fatas* because i under eat*.....

ohhh today is going to be one of those day hahahahaha

but during TOM. i'm pretty sure every girl eats worst, there may be discrepancies, but its just how it goes, make up for it when you arent going to murder your husband. =] tis what i do.
  • hmaer6
    hmaer6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I overeat at 2 main times. One, that time of the month. And two, when unders stress. I think that one week is a big contributor to why I cannot lose this stubborn 25 pounds I gained. And not only that, but I rationalize with myself and tell myself I somehow "earned" the ability to eat like crap during these times. I can rationalize all I want, but that won't help the weight come off. =-)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    my appetite increases on CD 21-23 which is the week before my period. I use a period tracker app so I know what is going on with my body at any given time during the month. I highly recommend it!