Taking the Plunge to Eat Clean

Options
124»

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid that wouldn't work as well as partnering with MFP has for me...

I'm in a slump, for sure, but when I was eating unprocessed, MFP still helped me plan, stay accountable, control portions, and get amazing support.

Either way, best of luck!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I ate "clean" my whole life, but still crept up to 215 pounds my senior year of high school - lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, plant-based proteins. Avocados, fruits, quinoa and other "healthy" foods are nutritious, but you will gain weight if you eat over your calorie goals.

Eat clean if it makes you feel good, but from my own personal experience, I'd put more emphasis on tracking calories.

i'm skeptical that you really were eating "clean" as a teenager... there's a big ole debate over whether grains are considered "clean" or not

but yes, it's still wise to track until you've got everything under control and have the knowledge to be able to look at something and know how many calories it contains. (provided you know the ingredients used)
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Grains might not be considered paleo, but I would argue that wholegrain rye, spelt, barley etc are clean.

Wheat - debatable due to how much it's been GM.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Okay! Screw the CLEAN idea. Healthy most of the time it is!!!! LOL. AND track calories. I've been eating basically whatever this week but the big change is happening on April 1st!!!!! Consistence, consistence, consistence is what Im going to try this time and avoiding the 5 C's - chocolate, chips, candy, cookies, caffeine. Basically all high refined sugar items are going to be cut out! I should probably drink this weekend too to get it out of my system but then do I really wanna be hungover for my baby's 2nd Easter? Hmmmm - not really!!!! I love my baby and wanna give him a good Easter. So I guess no drinking for a while either. When I drink, I ALWAYS end up eating a whole bag of chips or going to Mcdonalds.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I ate "clean" my whole life, but still crept up to 215 pounds my senior year of high school - lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, plant-based proteins. Avocados, fruits, quinoa and other "healthy" foods are nutritious, but you will gain weight if you eat over your calorie goals.

Eat clean if it makes you feel good, but from my own personal experience, I'd put more emphasis on tracking calories.

i'm skeptical that you really were eating "clean" as a teenager... there's a big ole debate over whether grains are considered "clean" or not

but yes, it's still wise to track until you've got everything under control and have the knowledge to be able to look at something and know how many calories it contains. (provided you know the ingredients used)

I cooked my own food, did my own shopping. I've always been into food. Sure it wasn't 100% of the time, more like 80/20, but I'm saying you don't need to eat Hungry Man dinners and Elios pizza to be heavy.