Tell me about your lunch! What do you usually pack?

Options
2»

Replies

• SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Chicken and veg stir fry with a little soy sauce
    Turkey chilli and brown rice
    Salads
    Baked sweet potatoes with numerous fillings (mostly turkey mince with salsa and sour cream)
    Turkey salad sandwiches on wholemeal bread.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    At work we have no fridge, kettle or microwave, so I'm quite limited. Today I have a Thermos flask of lentil soup, a cheese roll, a handful of pretzels and a cereal bar.

If I have a dinner that I can eat cold too, like penne with pesto, tuna and olives, I'll make extra to have for lunch the next day.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm really boring - I eat the same lunch every day. 2 oz chicken breast, raw carrots and grape tomatoes. If I am hungry, I add in a rice cake. I like eating the same foods everyday. I don't have to give it much thought and I am loosing nicely.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I work in one of those annoying places with no microwave or facility for heating your own food. Since I can't have anything hot unless it's made with boiling water, I have a stash of cup-a-soup in my desk drawer. Usually one of those with two Krisprolls and a cheese triangle sees me through lunch. When I know I won't fancy that, I take a tupperware bowl of cold pasta salad (tuna, sweetcorn and onion, usually) and one of tinned fruit (I'm into grapefruit at the moment, but also love peaches and pears, as long as they're in juice and not syrup). The other thing I love is wraps. Chicken, avocado, cherry tomato and a little bit of salsa.

If I had a microwave I'd be taking leftovers from the previous night's dinner. Or if there was a toaster I'd have Vegemite and avocado on toast.

Wow, now I'm hungry!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Lunch is usually my heavier meal of the day.
    This week will be Quinoa, dices tomatoes with chilis and onions as base , then I switch up the protein...black beans or chicken.
  • Cytrix
    Cytrix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I generally take a thermos of soup (about 400ml) in every day, from a huge batch I make every Sunday. This week's soup is Spring Vegetable Miso soup (with asparagus, peas, chinese cabbage, and shiitake mushrooms) for only 78 calories a serving. Then I have 15 almonds, about 3 prunes, carrot/cucumber sticks, a banana and drink at least 7-8 cups of green tea during my work day.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Today I have a big fruit salad that was leftover from yesterday's breakfast. 2 homemade rolls that I baked yesterday to go with some sloppy joe filling that my boyfriend made last night. Also some Greek yogurt, carrot sticks and 2 dozen dark chocolate peanut butter bars that I baked for the guys at work - which I will not be eating for lunch :P

Normally I bring more food so I will probably end up hitting up our cafeteria for some salad to round out my sloppy joes.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    salad containing radish, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, celery, courgette and some form of protein like ham, crab, cheese, egg and avocado. I also have either a banana or apple as a snack sometime during the day. I make the salad up in the morning whilst my egg is poaching, toast cooking or bacon grilling. Definitely multi-tasking. I am never organised enough to make it the night before!

It took a while to get over the mindset that avocados are fattening. I find them delicious and filling and count them into my daily cal allowance with no trouble.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a protein bar, with 25 - 30 grams of protein .
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I often make wraps, so with turkey, veggies, and mustard. Or salads, I will add a can of salmon, some olives and capers and it's pretty tasty. I also love making homemade soups, so I have a few recipes and sometimes on the weekend I will make a few batches and then I will have a variety for when I don't feel like making my lunch.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do meal prep on Sundays so this week's menu is

Meal: Broiled tilapia, steamed green beens, cauliflower.
    Breakfast/snacks: protein bar, greek yogurt, and fruit (fuji apple).
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Since I limit bread in my diet (too many calories for me, plus a trigger food), I frequently lunch on: Celery sticks, apple slices, and peanut butter. I found some tiny plastic cups and lids at a restaurant supply store to use for the peanut butter. You can tare the little cup on your scale, then add peanut butter and weigh it. Then put the lid on and pack it, along with the fruit and veg. Super packable, doesn't need refrigeration or other preparation. I add a yogurt to this lunch.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow, so glad I bumped it! This thread really blew up overnight with some GREAT suggestions! I'm going to read through and make a shopping list... thank you all for your ideas!