Healthy Lunches

Options
2»

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day I have Quorn mince, pasta, mushrooms, onions, pasta sauce, cheese (can just have it without) and garlic bread.

About once a week I buy food from work.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i made awesome cannellini bean dip today. two tins cooked beans. juice of a lime. clove of garlic and some rosemary fried in two tablespoons of olive oil. blended. and it freezes.
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    I go a little crazy with my lunches and make them adorable and bento-style, but with Americanized food. Today I took a whole rainbow of fruits and vegetables, and a sliced up spinach and ricotta wrap that was nice and pretty :) I mainly try and focus on fruits and vegetables for lunch.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love just a big salad with low-fat dressing. My favorite toppings include:
    cottage cheese
    sunflower seeds
    diced chicken
    choppied tomatoes
    cucumber
    hard boiled egg
    celery
    carrot

Huge salads are my comfort food, especially in the summer when it's too hot for anything else! :) Normally they're around 300-350 calories.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm big on making dishes and freezing them in individual servings. I currently have enough in my freezer for 3 weeks worth of lunches!
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi, so most of these are super fancy for me. Every day I will bring an apple cut in 1/2, in the fridge. I always have Trader Joe's "Better n Peanut Butter" on hand (at work and home) will have a 1/2 with one tablespoon of the peanut butter. I also keep on hand string cheese, bananas (with one tablespoon of peanut butter), cottage cheese. Leftovers like black beans with some salsa. I am a huge fan of Progresso soups, so many of them are less than 200 calories for the whole can, so I get full without the guilt. Always have my Lite Yoplait and my baggie of slivered almonds too.

Then just for each little meal, pick whatever combo. that suits my taste. Any of these will hold me for 2 to 3 hours till my next snack.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Shameless plug, I know, but I post all of my meals with recipes and pictures to my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com. I like variation so tend to change it up a lot with different soups, savoury muffins and that type of thing. It might give you some ideas :)

Ax
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I do tuna a lot with pop chips. easy peasy
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I always make my lunch the night before, i make sure a cook a little bit more so that there is leftovers to take to work.

eg, Today i have 1/2 of lastnights chicken breast (she was a biggie) 1/2cup boiled sweet potato and a cup of frozen veg (i dont cook them i just throw them in out of the freezer as they will cook when i reheat if i have had say i salad the night before so there was so green veg left over)

cut up from veg while im making a salad (eg carrots pepper, pickles etc etc) and but in a little baggy to snack on.

boil a whole lot of eggs at the start of the week to put in there to snack on too!

i always freeze leftovers aswell, this weekend i was home alone so i made lasagna and freezed another 2 meals out of it to grab if i havent had time to make lunch.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My new ultra simple lunch is Trader Joe's hummus snack pack. It's $1 per pack and includes a generous serving of hummus and some pita chips. It's pretty high calorie (320 I believe,) but filling enough for a full meal when you don't have time to actually fix something. I like to add some baby carrots and/or an apple, too.
  • MissRoseyJ
    Options
    Thanks for all your great suggestions guys! Such variety and very yummy!! xxx
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    Chicken breast, broccoli, sweet potato.
    Good solid lunch.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    It might sound disgusting, but if you're craving mexican food and like those Albacore or Chunk Light Tuna packets, here's something I do..

Make a big bowl of lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, etc.. whatever you like in a salad.
    Add a pack of fish (tuna or salmon, whichever float yours boat)
    Add about 0.5 tbs - 1 tbs of mexican taco seasoning (that you'd put in ground meat)
    Add about 1/4 cup cheese
    Lastly, add about 1 - 2 tbs of salsa.

And you've got a nice Fish Taco Salad whipped up in 5 minutes.