weight loss patterns -ADVICE PLEASE!

Options
I just started this site on 03/18 weighing 135 (i had already done 3lbs by myself) i got done to 128 on 03/25 but now this week it has been kreeping back up to today @ 130.5lbs... I did have a binge emotional eating fiasco on WEdnesday but other than that I have been keeping my calorie intake low and exercising... is this weight gain due to the binge? how much of an effect does one episode have on my program? what's the best way to get back on track and get the weight off? should i just continue with plan or counter the binge with a few really low cal days?? thoughts would be greatly appreciated - this is bumming me out and i'm contemplating throwing in the towel!!

Replies

• B TOWN
    B TOWN Posts: 32
    Options
    I just started this site on 03/18 weighing 135 (i had already done 3lbs by myself) i got done to 128 on 03/25 but now this week it has been kreeping back up to today @ 130.5lbs... I did have a binge emotional eating fiasco on WEdnesday but other than that I have been keeping my calorie intake low and exercising... is this weight gain due to the binge? how much of an effect does one episode have on my program? what's the best way to get back on track and get the weight off? should i just continue with plan or counter the binge with a few really low cal days?? thoughts would be greatly appreciated - this is bumming me out and i'm contemplating throwing in the towel!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    At the risk of sounding glib, if you've been here for only 10 days, that's not long enough to develop any patterns.

That being said, know that your weight can fluctuate as much as five pounds (or more) in the course of one day.

This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. Have patience with yourself, and develop healthy eating patterns that can last you the rest of your life. Don't quit.

Here's a link to an article I read again and again about the scale.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm
  • diegelmansm
    Options
    Have you changed or increase your exercise routine lately?
  • bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thread. I was doing the same thing as most people, I was starting to weight myself everyday, and I was getting depressed! So I stopped doing it. I know I am still losing the weight, but I will just let my clothes be my guide. And just weigh myself every blue moon. Reading that article was so informative, thanks again!!!!

Mandy:smile:
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ok now i have a silly pattern to my weight loss and i have been doing it for 10 weeks now and i find it really really frustrating
    say i am 175 lbs
    then 174.5
    then 174
    then latter still 174
    then the next day
    than 2 days later still 175
    then ill go 174.5
    than 174
    then 173
    then ill stay for like 3 days
    then ill go back up to 175
    then 175
    then 174
    then 173
    then 171
    so its freaking frustrating
    it takes a logn time to loose the weight then i gain it back then loose it again slowly till i drop an extra pound then ill start all over is anyone else having these problems
    ive managed to loose 13 lbs in 10 weeks but again today i am up half a pound haha
    im loosin my sanity
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed myself around 4:00 p.m. and then this morning I did my "official" weigh in and was a whole 5 POUNDS lighter than yesterday afternoon. Your weight can fluctuate tremendously throughout 24 hours, so make sure you weight at the same time, before eating, and after potty time. I'm guessing that first week when you lost 5 or 6 lbs, it was mostly water weight?...

Don't get discouraged!