How can you "not like breakfast?"

Options

Replies

• stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast because I did not have time to make anything and so I could cut calories (bad idea). I slowly have incorporated breakfast and feel amazing all day. I used to get so hungry and shaky before. Today I had a large smoothie which consisted of strawberries, banana, spinach, and vanilla protein powder. Then I had three eggs cooked in some coconut oil. My large breakfast can keep me full for so many hours.
  • shalysewrightbethea
    shalysewrightbethea Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My best friend hates breakfast because she has to make it herself because american breakfast is pretty much sweet in many cases. Since we are in school she eats at fast food places a lot because she doesn't know how to cook properly and apparently there aren't enough breakfast items that are quick but not sweet. Also she's Cuban and lived in Cuba for part of her life. She says that they didn't eat very much sweet stuff so to her its weird and gross. I used to think it was weird before I start eating healthier. Now I can't eat half a portion of my normal breakfast items like pancakes, oatmeal and cream of wheat because its way to sweet even when I use only half or less of the sugar normal.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Since my first baby,I've just had an aversion to food before 10 a.m

and I'm on a crazy work schedule,I work 12-9 so I eat at around 11 which is sort of brunch and I get my "lunch"break at 5 pm.

Although I do love all traditional breakfast foods.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Since doing IF my eating habits have really changed and I now can discern the difference between real hunger, and eating out of habit or because "I'm supposed to" ie a certain time of day means I'm supposed to be eating, even if I'm not truly hungry. Today I broke fast at noon. It just depends on the day/how I'm feeling. Sometimes I break fast earlier in the day, other times it may be after 1pm. I now just listen to my body's hunger signals.

eta: I also don't designate certain foods for certain meals. I may break my fast with a salad at 8am :D I eat what sounds good, when I actually am hungry. This is what works for me :)
  • carlielove
    carlielove Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love breakfast food, but like some others have mentioned, I feel sick if I try to eat in the mornings. I usually end up eating breakfast foods for other meals. In fact, I'm planning to have some delicious french toast for dinner tonight! :)
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I typically eat "breakfast" around 11am, sometimes later, because I feel too sick when I wake up to eat it. I like breakfast foods, though, my body just won't accept food much earlier than that.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast all the time. Now I have to eat something or I feel nauseous and my BS drops too low. But I do enjoy eating breakfast, so its all good. :)
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I always wake up hungry, but I don't feel like eating much ( I know that doesn't make sense). My dh loves a big breakfast, but I usually go with just a small bowl of cereal and 4 cops of coffee :drinker:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm not often super hungry in the morning, which is why I often make do with coffee and a protein shake. That said, I love traditional USA "breakfast foods" and will happily have them for brunch, or brinner.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I seriously cannot start the day without a good breakfast. I would say breakfast was the most important and probably most fattening meal of my day.

I usually have eggs and maybe bacon with a slice of wholemeal toast

I can't do anything without my breakfast. I don't know how people get through the day without it.

I guess it depends on what you're doing though and how late you have eaten the night before. I have dinner with the kids about 5.30pm and don't usually eat after that so by the next morning I am starving! I use a lot of energy through exercise as well so I guess my body sees breakfast coming and won't let it pass!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Since I don't eat after dinner at around 6pm, I am so ready for breakfast. I look forward to breakfast more than any other meal. I love to eat my cereal and drink my coffee while reading the news. My day starts around 7am. I get up weigh-in and then have my breakfast. I can't eat in the evenings. I wake up sick and don't sleep well if I eat after dinner. I hate sleeping on a full tummy, so uncomfortable. So by the time 7am rolls around, it has been about 13 hours or so since I had anything to eat and I am starving.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods (well, the eggs and bacon part) and eat them, but am almost never hungry until a couple hours after I've woken up. Coffee with heavy cream gets me out of bed, and since that is sort of filling, I don't want more food until later.
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    I never eat breakfast I get up for work at 6am and have my first meal a 6 egg omelette at 10am even at weekends I don't other with it.
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast too much. Within the first 15-20 mins of waking up (usually 6:30AM), I'm in the kitchen, cookin' me up some eggs, sloppin' some yogurt on there, and some source of protein, like meat or nuts....who knows what my breakfast will consist of, but man do I like it (hard to keep away from the sausage gravy and biscuits...mmm.)
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I love breakfast foods (and eat them any time of day) but I am not a morning person or a morning eater, at all (and even tho I have a sweet tooth, sweet things like waffles in the morning make me sick). I'm more of a brunch person.
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods (and eat them any time of day) but I am not a morning person or a morning eater, at all (and even tho I have a sweet tooth, sweet things like waffles in the morning make me sick). I'm more of a brunch person.
    ^^this :)
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I used to never eat breakfast. I never felt like eating in the morning. I'd skip breakfast, eat lunch (sometimes skip that too) and then eat dinner and snack all evening. I only recently realized that the reason I never felt like having breakfast was because I was eating too much food, way too late. Since I started trying to lose weight, I always eat breakfast and try not to snack too much in the evening. Now I MUST have breakfast or I'm cranky and my workouts suffer.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Honestly feel like crap if I don't take breakfast - also get a headache probably due to dehydration (i mainly drink most of my water/fluids during meal times)
  • amusedhorse
    amusedhorse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it makes me feel sick especially if it's very soon after I wake up.