How are you going to cope with Easter?

Options
2»

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    None of my family is around for it so I will just be treating it as another day
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    My Easter plan it so go to church in the morning and then get on a plane to Mexico after... so BAM! Imma eat the food and enjoy some tequila. THAT's how I do it.
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    For me, Easter is all about church, family, and watching the kids hunt for eggs and enjoy their chocolate. I'll enjoy my Easter meal, but no chocolate for me this year. For some people moderation works, but for me rarity is better when it comes to chocolate and candy!
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My family lives on the other side of the country, so I'm not planning on making any special meals or goodies. Although out of nostalgia I did splurge on 3 sugar-free peeps today :blushing:

The biggest hazard, I fear, will be bypassing tons of leftover treats the next day at work...
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Turkey dinner and chocolate eggies for me!

Get in an extra workout and it becomes guilt free :)
  • Chrisgrz
    Chrisgrz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never really understood the excitement about easter, growing up my parents put loose change in eggs or gave us baskets with small gifts in them. Other than that we didn't really eat anything special or celebrate it like thanksgiving or anything. Things might be different if my niece lived near me (since I don't have kids myself yet) but she doesn't.

TLDR: Just another day of truckin' along. Maybe I'll eat rabbit? Never done it before, seems like a good way to celebrate.
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There will be large quantities of leg of lamb plus lots of chocolate Easter candy. I plan to enjoy a sensible portion of lamb and try to ignore the chocolate. And yes I will log everything as best I can. I am determined to reach my goals!!!
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I decided that if I celebrate every weekend, every birthday, every holiday, every "special event", every family outting, and every stress sit down session everyone around me has, I'll never make any progress. In fact, that's how I put on weight last year. It wasn't the every day. It was those few "special days" that kept mounting and throwing me way over.

So, I'll be tasting, enjoying, and celebrating the Risen Christ...with or without a ton of goodies. : ) He came to set me free. And I will be free indeed!
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    A nice company dinner - made with care to a void the worst calorie disasters. Oh, and JUST STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE!!!!
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Disawell, I say take a day off. It won't hurt you. Enjoying yourself once in a while won't kill you and we have to learn to live with it anyway ;)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    The same way i did with Christmas..... eat as I normally would. It's just another day in this house. Chocolate eggs are nothing to do with the actual reason for Easter & nor are the hot x buns. But I won't be having any of those anyway cause we don't have easter or xmas in this house so it will be carry on as usual food wise.
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll probably have to work. I am lucking out, my daughter is going with a family friend to their big easter celebration and I'll be at work. Not that that will save me, work is the capitol city of junk food (all men but me and one other girl, and they don't seem at all concerned about their figures LOL). I think I dodged the bullet a little bit, since not having to be the Easter part person gets me out of buying a ton of candy.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    First I`m going to eat candy while being the Easter bunny and putting candy into baskets for my children. Then I`m going to sleep. Then I`m going to wake up, so my kids can show me what the Easter bunny brought them. Then I`m going to eat more candy and breakfast and go for a walk or a bike ride with my family.
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So long as the chocolate calories fit within my daily calorie allowance then eat chocolate I will.. the more exercise I do the more chocolate I will get.. luckily we are heading away to stay with friends to go Mountain Biking for a few days.. so the prospects are looking good :)
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The good thing about living in Germany is there are non of the usual temptations I'd go for while I was living in the UK, such as hot cross buns, abundance of Cadbury eggs, MARKS & SPENCER!

It's actually just another day for me and mine, so I'm fairly confident I'll get through Easter just fine.