Is white bread ok once and a while?

Options
2»

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    White bread is only bad for you if it tastes bad.
    '

When I was living in japan I left a loaf of bread in my fridge for a month while I was in Hong Kong. It didn't gain even a speck of mould. I stopped eating bread in Japan immediately :laugh:... no idea whats in that crap, but it can't be healthy!

Japanese bread, that is. Bread here in NZ is good ;)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I concur.
  • eyley
    eyley Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A little of what you fancy does you good. A little more does you better, but too much does you in!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's not poison. It's bread. Just eat the bread.
    100% this.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    '

When I was living in japan I left a loaf of bread in my fridge for a month while I was in Hong Kong. It didn't gain even a speck of mould. I stopped eating bread in Japan immediately :laugh:... no idea whats in that crap, but it can't be healthy!

Japanese bread, that is. Bread here in NZ is good ;)

Actually, I think that's pretty normal when you leave it in the fridge. I eat lots of types of breads and they always go stale before moldy, if kept refrigerated.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    There is actually not a whole lot of nutritional difference between white and wholemeal bread. Wholemeal IS better for you, but only marginally.
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I think unless you're uncontrollably scoffing the entire loaf in one sitting; you're ok.

Enjoy your white bread! IIFYM
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will make your butt look big, stay far far away.

J/k...I don't care that much for bread, so eat very little of it. But when I do eat it, it is usually white, or the Sara Lee white wheat. Wholewheat is just too dense for me, since I don't care that much for it to begin with. The lighter and thinner the bread, the better in my taste.