QUESTION!! =O

MelissaLu
MelissaLu Posts: 83
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anybody have any experience with the stability ball? Like is it effective? I've heard a lot of good things about it and that it works WAY better than regular sit-ups but I was just wondering if anyone who has one has seen any results. =)

Replies

• bekah1301
    bekah1301 Posts: 48 Member
    I've got one and it's great. You can use it for so many things not just sit-ups. I personally find crunches more effective if I put the ball under my legs and squeeze the ball towards you slightly as you sit up, like a tame version of a double crunch but it takes the pressure off my back which is a problem area for me. If you do sit ups on it properly it also focuses the ab area so yes, theoretically it's more effective at just working them!
    Another great exercise on it is to put it under your feet with your legs straight and then bend them and bring the ball towards you (like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbOjQgCwmEk) it really works your legs and bum!
    And there's looads more you can do, I'd really recommend getting one!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    The other day I sat on mine while watching tv instead of the couch. During commercial breaks I would slide forward and do crunches, then sit on it when the show came back. 2 hours of that and I was sore for 3 days.
  • MelissaLu
    MelissaLu Posts: 83
    Hehe, I have one, that's what I've been using. I was just wondering how great of a tool it is to burn fat. I'm scared of just building muscle under fat. I really like it alot, it's fun, and it burns so many calories in short periods of time. =)
This discussion has been closed.