Scales are not the be-all and end-all

Options
This has been a year of buying clothes. Being a typical bloke I tend to very rarely buy new clothes as clothes shopping is comparable to root canal surgery or even worse…watching a chic flick! :sick:

In January I had to buy some 36” waist trousers as the 38” I used to wear would fall off me. Two months later I had to buy some 34” trousers because those 36” were falling off me. It was at this point I hit the plateau. My scales just wouldn’t budge no matter how much exercise I did or how long I gave it evil stares and fist waving.:devil:

I’ve lost a few pound since then but not much. The thing is I work away from home and this week I had forgotten to bring my belt with me. Those same 34” trousers I bought two months ago would not stay up. I had to spend the morning holding them up because if I didn’t they would hit the ground. So once again out I went and bought two pairs of 32” and a belt because even these are a little loose. I must say it isn’t easy buying clothes when your hands are needed to keep the clothes up!

It wasn’t just trousers though…I’ve gone from Large shirts to medium and now small but my scales are still menacingly saying “nothing to see, move along”.

The weight Vs lost inches were once comparable but this hasn’t been happening as I nudge closer to my happy weight.

Motto of my story; just because the scales like taunting you doesn’t mean it has the last laugh. Don’t get too worked up over weight on its own. Measuring yourself could well reveal the scales really are the spawn of Satan whose mission is to drive you mad. Make sure it becomes Mission Impossible and don’t let it get to you!

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds….:explode:

Replies

• mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm with you.
    My scales have barely moved in four weeks, but trousers and tops are waaaaay looser despite the scales not shifting.
    I've not measured myself, but at least I know now not to ge disheartened by the silly scales (It won't stop me weighing myself religiously) :)
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love it! Bring it on, Mission Impossible!!