wide hips?

Options
hello everyone., simple question can wide hips be narrowed through proper diet and exercise.
I have always been self conscious with my hips., they are really wide., even the actual bone.so can they be narrowed?

Replies

• Jfern689
    Jfern689 Posts: 1
    Options
    sounds like you are an endormorph like me. you could get rid of the excess fat around it but u cant your bone structure
  • trixchialoveskimchi6
    trixchialoveskimchi6 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sad, i would really like to have narrower hips..,
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When you do a recomp, you could focus on building your shoulders and lats. This will give the illusion of a smaller waistline and hips.

But first, lose the fat that you have. You may be surprised at how "small" the hips can get. When I was 191 pounds, I thought that my hipbones were just huge and that I would never get small. But I am now wearing size 6 clothes, sometimes a 4, and I see that my bone structure isn't nearly as large as I had once thought. I still work on capping my shoulders and widening my back, though, because it gives me a more pronounced hourglass.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    When you do a recomp, you could focus on building your shoulders and lats. This will give the illusion of a smaller waistline and hips.

But first, lose the fat that you have. You may be surprised at how "small" the hips can get. When I was 191 pounds, I thought that my hipbones were just huge and that I would never get small. But I am now wearing size 6 clothes, sometimes a 4, and I see that my bone structure isn't nearly as large as I had once thought. I still work on capping my shoulders and widening my back, though, because it gives me a more pronounced hourglass.

This. When i was a size sixteen, i convinced myself that there was no point in trying to lose weight as i was never going to be slim because i was 'big boned', and that i was doomed to huge wide hips and a huge *kitten* forever, because that was the way i was built. Not so. Now i'm a comfortable size 8, and there is still fat on my hips, and i can't believe that my hips are really that tiny, they were just hidden under layers of fat for so many years! So don't give up, it is possible :)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    you can lose fat, but you can't change the size/shape of the bones. The more fat you have on your hips, the more you can reduce their size by.
  • trixchialoveskimchi6
    trixchialoveskimchi6 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i hope you're right., i'll have to see in the future then :)