help... :(

Options
Ok after a good 6 weeks of strict diet and exercise (mainly brisk walking and running), I had my cheat days granted, but a major change was made to my diet, no carbs in the evenings, went from being stationary to regular exercise... I "lost" 0.8kg.. wow... is that it?!.. grrr am I expecting too much? :sad:

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's going to be really hard for anyone to help you properly if your diary isn't opened to see what you did wrong.

Yes you should have lost a lot more than that. You probably aren't eating enough.
  • Licratonic
    Licratonic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry forgot about that, just made it public
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    It's going to be really hard for anyone to help you properly if your diary isn't opened to see what you did wrong.

Yes you should have lost a lot more than that. You probably aren't eating enough.

This, you are suppose to be eating the base rate you have there which I think is 1320 + any exercise calories. You some days are only grossing 900 cals.

MFP has already factored in a deficit before giving you the 1320 cals. By not eating enough calories the deficit you are creating is too large.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Try this to see how much you should be eating..

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • Licratonic
    Options
    Yip I know, but I also have days that goes over... I thought it'll balance itself out?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You may not weigh much & it will be harder. I know for me I struggle now to get 1kg off in a month cause the smaller you get the harder it is. Perhaps that's it for you.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit worried by the amount of sodium in your diary, and I wonder if the details in the database are correct for some of those items like cupasoup. Might be worth double checking some of them.

But if you ARE consuming that amount of salt/ sodium, then your body is going to be retaining a lot of water.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I didn't really look all the carefully, but do you log or guess your cheat days? I just put it in there as a guess even if it's wrong. You're eating good foods, you're probably just holding onto a lot of your food instead of letting it fully digest. It's why people say "don't eat after 8" and **** like that not because you gain weight at night, but it gives the body a big enough window to fully digest food properly.

Rest(sleep) is also important. Scales don't do well on sporadic sleep schedules.
  • Licratonic
    Options
    I'm a bit worried by the amount of sodium in your diary, and I wonder if the details in the database are correct for some of those items like cupasoup. Might be worth double checking some of them.

But if you ARE consuming that amount of salt/ sodium, then your body is going to be retaining a lot of water.

Interesting...I was wondering myself if that could be an issue, my husband keeps telling me that I could be building muscle with the running... how do you fix water retention?
  • Licratonic
    Options
    I didn't really look all the carefully, but do you log or guess your cheat days? I just put it in there as a guess even if it's wrong. You're eating good foods, you're probably just holding onto a lot of your food instead of letting it fully digest. It's why people say "don't eat after 8" and **** like that not because you gain weight at night, but it gives the body a big enough window to fully digest food properly.

Rest(sleep) is also important. Scales don't do well on sporadic sleep schedules.

I'm generally a healthy cook :wink: even grow some of my own veggies, that why I don't eat carbs "energy" @ night.. theory, you don't need energy to sleep... :happy: I am lazy with log in on my cheat days...
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

Interesting...I was wondering myself if that could be an issue, my husband keeps telling me that I could be building muscle with the running... how do you fix water retention?

eat less sodium, drink more water. packaged foods are bad for sodium. I noticed the sodium also. there was a fruit smoothie or something that had like 3000mg sodium in your diary, that's just plain wrong.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    ... how do you fix water retention?

drink more water. it'll flush your system.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options

I'm generally a healthy cook :wink: even grow some of my own veggies, that why I don't eat carbs "energy" @ night.. theory, you don't need energy to sleep... :happy: I am lazy with log in on my cheat days...
    I've never had issues with sodium.. I've had more problems going on low sodium and getting headaches, but even still sodium doesn't make you gain fat, so I don't see a need to reduce it like other people suggest. I would log the cheat days. You maybe undoing yourself on those cheat days.
  • Licratonic
    Options

eat less sodium, drink more water. packaged foods are bad for sodium. I noticed the sodium also. there was a fruit smoothie or something that had like 3000mg sodium in your diary, that's just plain wrong.

Yip I agree that's wrong has to be, that smoothie contained a fresh nectarines, crushed ice and a tiny bit of sprite... I just got that homemade smoothie thing when you search smoothies... hmmm logging everything as accurately as possible is pretty hard, cos I generally prepare my own meals, except for the lunchtime cup of soups... which is just a easy lunch
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Yip I agree that's wrong has to be, that smoothie contained a fresh nectarines, crushed ice and a tiny bit of sprite... I just got that homemade smoothie thing when you search smoothies... hmmm logging everything as accurately as possible is pretty hard, cos I generally prepare my own meals, except for the lunchtime cup of soups... which is just a easy lunch

If you make your own meals, use the recipe builder on this site, it will give you the full calories and nutritional value for the whole meal, and just your portion.

It will then stay in your recipes for use on a future date, so will save you time from re-entering the ingredients again.
  • Licratonic
    Options

If you make your own meals, use the recipe builder on this site, it will give you the full calories and nutritional value for the whole meal, and just your portion.

It will then stay in your recipes for use on a future date, so will save you time from re-entering the ingredients again.

Hmmm ok so it seems the calories (& other details) I've been logging weren't a 100% correct, more work though logging each recipe.. but that's fine atleast I know where to start over again... thanks everyone! Keep thumbs for my next weigh in at the next 6 weeks mark... hopefully the verdict will be different...:flowerforyou: