I did it ....

Options
On 28th August I weighed 15st 13.5lbs or 223.5lbs and now I'm down to 10st 12.8lbs or 152.8lbs. As I'd achieved this in a short space of time I knew that maintaining was going to be hard, so I set myself a challenge of competing in my first half marathon. In the past I'd been able to run about 7miles but would be absolutely knackered and that would take around 1hr 45mins.

I did some training but not a lot and was looking for under 2hours for the 13.1mile course, even though I'd done 1hr 50mins a couple of weeks before. So the big day was yesterday and I got round in 1hour 45mins 34secs . My point is my legs were spent, with very little in them with about 2miles to go with the majority of it a subtle uphill incline which just dragged and yes I felt like giving up and walking to the end but NO I'd done 11miles I wasn't going to stop now and pushed on. I got 200-300yards from the finish line and sprinted with all the energy I could muster from 2 legs which just wanted to stop and I made it. I finished 275th out of the 813runners that finished.

The thing I noticed was that although my legs were gone, I wasn't out of breath. My picture is me attempting a sprint.

Just remember that sometimes we have to overcome our minds/bodies when they tell us to stop/give in, occasionally we have to say NO I will DO this !!!

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Dude that is freakin awesome man!
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Our super Ed!:) So very proud of what you have achieved so far. You are one of my inspirations on here to keep pushing hard and get to my goal!!

Fantastic time for a half marathon, so then what's next??

Well done x
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Our super Ed!:) So very proud of what you have achieved so far. You are one of my inspirations on here to keep pushing hard and get to my goal!!

Fantastic time for a half marathon, so then what's next??

Well done x

Thank you :)

Well Bettie there is another Half on 7th April, however entry closed on Friday but I have emailed them and am hoping to sneak in lol.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Dude that is freakin awesome man!

Cheers Taunto
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ed you are a little legend - so happy for you!!

I hope you have a pop tart (or 10) to celebrate? :laugh:

Well done my favourite ginge :flowerforyou:
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Ed you are a little legend - so happy for you!!

I hope you have a pop tart (or 10) to celebrate? :laugh:

Well done my favourite ginge :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

Haha thanks Chelle

I had a big *kitten* roast, followed by a Chocotastic PopTart :)
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is awesome Ed, what a transformation! You are such an inspiration!!