Hiking in the Seattle area?

Options
We are taking a trip to Seattle this fall and I wondered where would be the best places to hike. I have been doing some research and I found a very cute cabin in Sequim, WA and wondered if there are any other places I should be considering. I am not a huge fan of hiking so no craziness needed. LOL

Replies

• riggan74
    riggan74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Sorry, I have just rejoined My Fitness Pal. I live in Seattle and my family and I love Mt. Rainier. I'm not sure exactly which month you are coming, but there are a ton of reasonably priced cabins on VRBO in the area just outside the park and within the park, there are a bunch of hiking options, and the scenery on a pretty day is breathtaking. We went last year with our 3 year old son, so it had to be an easy hike, but we are going back this year to do a little more. I am by no means a lover of hiking, but my husband loves it and its a way to wear out the kiddo. Hope this suggestion helps. A couple of other options are Snoqualmie Falls (about 30 minutes east of Seattle) and Deception Pass on Whidbey Island (you can get there by ferry or driver further north to hit a bridge). Hope this helps.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Paradise on Mt. Rainier is AMAZING. Depends on how late in the Fall you go though because of early snowfall on the mountain. But there are tons of places to go and above poster has some great suggestions as well. :)
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    Deception Pass is my favorite place in Washington. If you go there during the sunset. It is so beautiful.