Weight loss- what's working..

Options
Hi all I'm new to this so apologies if its already been discussed I have had a quick look through past topics

I am doing a 1200calorie diet a day using my fitness pal I do regular light exercise (mainly walking and ab workouts and cardio.) and I am unable to do any vigorous exercise or gym classes due to personal injury which is very restrictive.

So far I am successfully exercising three - 4 times a week and sticking to my goal 1200 calls a day (most days less than 1200!) but I would like a weight loss aid just to keep me going. I know weight loss aid on their own are useless and need regular exercise and calorie controlled diet so my question is if I fulfill the two requirements then what weight loss aid would u suggest or what works for you. Please note I am NOT asking for a weight loss aid in order to rely totally on that for slimming. Only as an aid with my already calorie controlled diet and regular exercise.

Replies

• xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try to keep your calories to at LEAST 1200 otherwise your body will go into starvation mode and keep hold of the fat rather than burning it. Also on days you excerise everyone says you should eat the exra calories you earn from excercising. I dont usually eat them all but i try at leats eat some of them :). x
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The best weight loss aid, eat more calories. With only 20 lbs to lose, you should aim for 1/2 - 1 lb per week, and since you are exercising 4 days a week you should either set your account to lightly active or eat back at least 50% of your exercise calories. Additionally, eating a higher protein diet will help improve muscle retention but the biggest improvement would be if you can start resistance training. RT (to include body resistance based on your injury) would really help maintain you lean body mass. And the more muscle you have, the tighter your body will be. If you struggle to get enough protein, you can supplement with Whey powders or protein bars. And if you want you can use a supplement with caffeine to improve performance.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If there was a magic diet pill that actually worked, 2/3 of this country wouldn't be overweight.