Just Day Dreaming

Options
I was just thinking how nice it would be if there were such a thing as a local sharing option. People get together for all kinds of support - such as trading off baby sitting, etc. I wish I lived near some of you that have commented that you don't cook. It would be fun to make food for people like you guys on MFP that have such busy life styles that it's understandably hard to find the time to work in both exercising and cooking (which also involves shopping).

I'm retired and my children (and my grandchild) are far away, so I have lots of time and I do enjoy making the foods that are recommended for dieters. I really wonder if I could have been as successful at losing weight if I had tried this while I was still working (teaching). What with the stress and the daily work commitment, I doubt that I could have done this. I SO admire those people on here who are indeed being successful at keeping up with all of it. (My adult daughter is too much like me; and is gaining weight because she "is too busy to eat right".)

I guess it's the mother/grandmother in me that wishes I could reach out to someone near me and cook them a few of the things that they don't have time and/or energy to make themselves. I've learned how to make yummy yolkless fatfree nutritious muffins (such as the pear carrot one that I'm going to enjoy in a couple of minutes...:happy: ) and many other low cal healthy foods, and was just kind of wishing I could have shared them with some of you "busy" people. Guess I'll have to do it virtually... So, have a low cal muffin and some lemon tea on me......... :wink: