Passover

Options
Can anyone suggest some helpful hints to stay on track during Passover? 2 BIG dinners + lots of unleavened products + kids home all week= gain???

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Portion control. Just because there's food you don't have to eat it all. Make wise choices and add some extra exercise. Get active with the kids.
  • spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Passover is something I gladly PASS OVER.

I always laugh at my muslim friend who fasts for something like a month and can only eat after dark.. what a joke.

to each their own I guess.
  • Willmsy
    Willmsy Posts: 7
    Options
    Focus on Veggies! Minimal calories compared to most items on the table.
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I always laugh at my muslim friend who fasts for something like a month and can only eat after dark.. what a joke.

You sound like such a supportive friend.

OP- I know there's lots of food, but portion control and extra exercise will help this week. I'm already getting candy from students!
  • blwenz
    blwenz Posts: 16
    Options
    It depends on your self-control. If you are very strict about your food intake, and don't have issues with backsliding, then I'd say I wouldn't worry about the two big meals. A couple of "bad" days is not going to hurt you. Also, don't feel like you have to stock the fridge full of foods you can't eat cuz the kids are home, they could always go out to eat, or just watch your portions very closely. My biggest problem is usually the amount of food that I want to eat, not that it is necessarily bad for me. Enjoy your week.
  • spikeithard
    spikeithard Posts: 89 Member
    Options

You sound like such a supportive friend.

OP- I know there's lots of food, but portion control and extra exercise will help this week. I'm already getting candy from students!

oh I am supportive just not towards his religion. (or ANY religion)
  • wineplease
    wineplease Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    oh I am supportive just not towards his religion. (or ANY religion)

Right. Because real supportive friends always laugh at their friends' religions. :eye roll:
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am going to just do my best and not feel Jewish guilt over it! But portion control and more veggies is a good idea too. I am more worried about how I'm going to log this Passover food all week and also worried what I'm going to eat when I can't have my protein shakes and oatmeal and I want to keep Matzoh and eggs to a minimum. Good luck right?