CVS Workers Who Don't Disclose Weight, Body Fat

Options
2»

Replies

• rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    They are not doing anything with the information. They are basing the adjustment in premium on WHETHER you get the assessment or NOT. They want you to go to the doctor and identify health issues so you MAYBE can treat it and maybe will be healthier.
    ^^^ what he said.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    This is one of those threads where I sit and thank my lucky stars that I was born in the UK and not the US (sorry!) and remind myself not to whine about the NHS.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My company had something similar, but it was completely optional. To participate, the employee and their spouse if they chose to participate needed to have a biometric screening done before 12/15/12, either onsite or at the doctor office with the info sent into the 3rd party. If we did this, then for 2013, we received a $25 credit/month for employee and $25 credit/month for spouse (if both participated) on our paycheck (potentially $300 back in my pocket). It was completely voluntary and was handled through a 3rd party. If we chose not to participate, then we would not get the credit. The screening included Blood Pressure, height / weight, waist circumference (to figure out body fat/BMI), Cholesterol and Glucose screenings. My husband and I both participated and are now seeing the savings on each paycheck. It was an eye-opener for both of us and is part of the reason we both decided to get healthy in 2013.

While I am confident the initial information will not be shared with my employer, I do wonder what will happen in the future. We were told the information is being used to analyze the health of the employees in the company. Is this information going to be used down the line to force employees to do something about their overall health? Hard for me to say. But I have seen that this is a growing trend for companies.