2 of the best NSV's I could ask for!

janahcarter
janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
#1- I was working out the other day and it was starting to hurt and I thought to myself, "Just go ahead and stop. It's not a big deal." Just then, my 2 year old son walked in the room and said, "You workout? I workout, too." He picked up a weight and started doing it with me. Granted, he only paid attention for 3.2 seconds but he still tried it with Mommy. Just when I thought about giving up, I realized who was watching me. I start putting my workout clothes on and everytime he says, "You gonna workout, Mommy?" :bigsmile:

#2- I've been feeling some "hate" from people about fitness-related things I post of Facebook. I put up a status about how this is a huge part of my life and if it annoys them, delete me. So many people commented on there saying I was an inspiration to them. Say what? Me, an inspiration to someone?! It was one of the greatest feelings!

Replies

• hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Awesome for you! Let the haters hate. Keep doing you and then they'll really hate!!
  • ShaeNB67
    ShaeNB67 Posts: 1 Member
    I would rather see that than another game request or people soliciting a million "likes" so they can get a puppy! Keep up the great work! The people who don't want to see it are the people who probably don't want to be reminded that they should be doing something with their own health!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    My 4 year old is my biggest champion. It's so great! She loves to watch us workout and she will get up and do the moves with us. She can do modified pushups, and she'll pick up a 5 pound weight and "curl" it. She also does yoga and stretching.

Raising my kids around a healthy lifestyle is one of my biggest motivators. Good for you for showing your son that exercise is a normal, daily thing!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    I love it that your kiddo is motivating you. Mine do too. Especially my younger one. He tries doing the 30 Day Shred with me, and it's so cute! He's 3 :happy:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    That's awesome!! My one year old does somersaults while I workout all the time...it's adorable!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    Cool!

My 8 and 7 year old boys can do proper push ups and we have family challenges, even my 2 year tries to do push up, so cute!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    When I haven't done enough cardio through the week, I will sometimes put in my kenpo x dvd. My 6 year old daughter loves to try to do that with me lol. It is adorable.
  • lauren31085
    lauren31085 Posts: 35 Member
    I know what you mean by FB, sometimes I feel like I should just keep my mouth shut, but ya know, the true people who care about me in life always at least "like" my post! lol. To the others, go ahead and hate on me, can't wait to see your face this summer when I'm wearing shorts and make them look good! :) Be proud you are being a great example to your son!! Mine goes outside to "workout" and run in the yard too, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!