Hi.

Options
Hi all. I’m a 48yo Mom & Wife and work full-time tech in a pediatric office.
I am painfully optimistic about pretty much everything and am always looking for the bright side. My husband is totally opposite and is always thinking that the sky is falling. He reminds me to look down and avoid the cliff edges in life and I remind him to look up and take in the view and somehow, it works for us.
We love camping and attending Music Festivals so I’m hoping to get (back) in shape to look and feel better and basically “keep up with the young’uns”
Saw my doctor for a physical recently and she said that my cholesterol was, “Scary high”. She wanted to start me on meds but I’m super-reluctant to take pills. Now, I have no problem stuffing my face with junk food, mind you, but I’m pretty motivated to avoid meds so she referred me to a nutritionist.
The nutritionist pointed me to a Wellness Program offered through work which I’m enjoying and finding a great resource. Hoping to lose 1lb per week through the coming year. Pretty much on track so far with a 10lb weigh loss since starting MFP about 3 months ago. Go me! 
I can’t give up my favorites- the 3 C’s- chips, chocolate and cheese- so I started out by cutting down portion sizes and walking 10 minutes per day- usually during my lunch break at work. Got a treadmill at home recently so have since added 15-25 minutes sessions at home about 3x/week. I plan on adding more active cardio and eventually weight training once I’m feeling brave enough to join a gym (cringe).
I would welcome any supportive (or constructively critical :0) friends looking to share food diaries, recipes, tips and successes!

Replies

• SusanMPreston43
    SusanMPreston43 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello, 43 year old mom of a 15 year old here. You sound just like me and my hubby with the looking up and looking down. I am not new to MFP but recently back. I like to have many friends for encouragement and support and I try to be the same. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm 57. 35 lbs heavier than I should be and trying to get back to the healthy side and my husband is the eternal pessimist as well on most things. and I'm am the optimist and also the practical one. Feel free to add me ladies. I'm here a lot always willing to lend an ear, a shoulder or a gentle kick!!!
  • blodk66
    blodk66 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 46 years old and have a 2 1/2 year old grand son. I love helping, I am a nurse. I am a big on nutrition. Feel free to add me if you like.:smile:
  • huisfi
    huisfi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and would love to be friends! I am 39 with 3 babies and about 60 lbs to lose! Feel free to add me! :)