Beginners Workout

Options
Hello everyone,

For the past 10 years I have lived a basically sediatary lifestyle up until now. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good beginners work out for a former couch potato? I tried doing Julian Micheals 30day shred but I found it is a little out of my league right now.

Replies

• jill604
    jill604 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best thing for me starting out was to just get up and walk on the treadmill or outside. Add in some strength exercises (pushups, crunches, planks etc.) and you'll be ready for Jillian in no time :)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's walk at home videos are wonderful! They are low impact. If there is any moves you can't do, all you have to do is march in place. If you get a dvd with the toning bands, they really help with strength training as well! =)
  • Salleighjo
    Salleighjo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you got the Wii or Kinect, I would definitely start with those. They are fun, you can make your own person and NOT have to see those skimpy/toned/ workout girls from other videos. Then, I did the kettle ball workout with the other Biggest Loser trainer, that was good. By the time I did Michaels video, it was MUCH easier.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Walking. Start slow, you don't have to go all out first day. Walk down the driveway and back. next time, half the block and back. Then, the full block, etc., etc. Do some squats, modified planks and wall push-ups to start building some strength.Do some slow high knees while watching TV. It's all about making extra movement a habit, then gradually upping the duration and/or intensity.
  • Limeynana
    Limeynana Posts: 23
    Options
    Just walk, walk, walk or the Leslie Sansone's Walk away the Pounds'.....that is what I do...