just wondering and need your imput

Options
to make a long story short..I had surgery last thurs. to repair a hernia that had my bowel in it and was causing a blockage then after the surgery I had some complications..so I am down for 6wk with not being able to do anything that would cause any kind of straining more less I am to just sit ..and small slow walks..and can not lift anything over 3lbs..so
I went into my goals and changed it to sedetary do to not being able to do much..which dropped my calories..I was thinking that if I left it at my normal setting and was doing alot of setting around that it might backfire on me..what do you think should I have changed it or left it alone?? I have not been eating very much anyway do to feeling very full fast and then feeling like I am going to be sick if I try to eat more..I have even tried to eat just several very small meals with no luck..any suggestions please..

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I think you have done the right thing by changing your profile. HOwever, if you do feel really hungry, eat. Your body will need calories to heal.

Good Luck and I hope you feel well soon. Things like that make you realize just how much you use your core muscles.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Eat when you're hungry. Follow your body's lead. Now is the time for healing, not worrying about weight loss. Continuing to make healthy choices and eat right will speed recovery along :)
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd move calories to maintenance and not worry about the scale during this time. Healing is more important and your body need nutrition and energy for that to occur optimally.